Online Ordering - a sign of the times?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Online Ordering - a sign of the times?

Post by Bristolian »

^ :D :D Something to suit the colour of my my eyes, which are normally red! :D
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Couldn't find taps or dies in homePro but managed to get them from the hardware shop at the end of my soi in Bangkok.
Was also surprised to find a scroll saw in another one a hundred meters sown the road.. Too big for my need, though am always on the lookout for hobby size tools..
วินเชนท์
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

VincentD wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:41 pm Couldn't find taps or dies in homePro but managed to get them from the hardware shop at the end of my soi in Bangkok.
Was also surprised to find a scroll saw in another one a hundred meters sown the road.. Too big for my need, though am always on the lookout for hobby size tools..
If you find a vertical bandsaw, suitable for cutting metal, in your travels, please let me know. I don't need an industrial sized machine... I only have a hobby metal machine shop. I can buy online but shipping costs + duty and VAT kill the deal.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Saw some on thaicarpenter<dot>com. could not cut and paste as search language is in Thai. Metal-cutting bandsaw for around 9,000 baht.
วินเชนท์
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^^ thanks I'll check out the website.i have never come across thaicarpenter website before
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

The following place has a huge range of tools. I bought a good quality set of impact sockets online awhile ago. Delivered by Kerry Logistics. Have not looked for a band saw, but he does have power saws and mitre saws.

http://www.boomtools.net/index.php?lang ... eadername=
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Ok, so there are a couple of Thai style things that my wife wants that are not available here in the style she wants so I did an online search and came up with exactly the product she wanted, but only on Alibaba. It's an item that should last years so she probably will only ever need one of them. The minimum order was something like 200 of them! That's the problem with a lot of those Chinese sites. They are wholesale companies not meant to be used by the general public.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

Try Aliexpress, ther you need no minimum.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That's OK, but Aliexpress do not carry the same range of items.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

oneof the factors that came and then went in the west was the Mall as a fun place to go, wander round meet friends, see and be seen etc--that has essentially died, A mall is just a place with good parking and a lot of shops close together.
In Thai that change has not happened, I have friends with Thai partners who go to MV or now BP every day, not that they need things but just a thing to do, it kills 2 hours in their boring lives. My guess is that will not change anytime soon. Telling your Thai partner that they can shop on line and never leave the house would horrify them.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: RE: Re: Online Ordering - a sign of the times?

Post by huahin4ever »

oakdale160 wrote:oneof the factors that came and then went in the west was the Mall as a fun place to go, wander round meet friends, see and be seen etc--that has essentially died, A mall is just a place with good parking and a lot of shops close together.
In Thai that change has not happened, I have friends with Thai partners who go to MV or now BP every day, not that they need things but just a thing to do, it kills 2 hours in their boring lives. My guess is that will not change anytime soon. Telling your Thai partner that they can shop on line and never leave the house would horrify them.
No only does it kill an hour or two, but many Thais live without ac. Those hours at daytime is well spent relaxing in one of the malls with free ac. When the sun sets temp cools down and they can head on home.
YNWA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not only Thais. I rarely put the A/C on until 8 or 9pm. On a hot day, it's quite nice to jump in the A/C car and drive to a Mall. Unfortunately, it normally means browsing around a few shops.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

A popular thing to do, especially for seniors, at the local malls, is to go and walk for exercise. Air conditioned, people watching, etc. I don't go shopping much but, when I do go, always see some seniors powerwalking. Makes sense
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

and after their power walk, they all spend money in the mall??
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

oakdale160 wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 8:18 am and after their power walk, they all spend money in the mall??
I think many do it 3+ times a week so doubt they spend much
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.