overstay

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
lomuamart

overstay

Post by lomuamart »

I've posted here before about the bad accident that happened to me a month ago. Anyway, hospitalised, two operations etc. The doc gave me a certificate to say that I was unfit to travel until 15th March.
I dutifully went up to Soi Suan Plu on a 25 day overstay. Was seen by their doctor and given another month.
Well, guess what? I had to pay 1,900 Baht for the extension and 5,000 for the overstay. Even then, they only gave me 14 days extension. I have to go back on the 29th and get another 14. "you won't have to pay next time"
Well, thankyou very much. Reckon if you were dead, you'd still be fined. :guns:
buksida

Post by buksida »

wankers.

you really do get the "go home foreigner" attitude from these people eh.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Other than what buksida said, it sounds like the lesson from this is if anyone else is ever in this unfortunate situation it's better to just wait until you are fit to travel home/out of the country and deal with it at the airport/border, with the relevant doctors notes, and allowing sufficient time. It would certainly work out cheaper as you wouldn't have to pay the additional travel costs and possibly the extension fee, plus you wouldn't have the discomfort of travelling to Bangkok while still recovering. And do you believe them when they say you won't have to pay next time? Did you get it in writing? :wink: