QROPS PENSION TRANSFER

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
offshoreadvice
Rookie
Rookie

Re: QROPS PENSION TRANSFER

Post by offshoreadvice »

Lev wrote:Hua Hin Media sent you an email, with the advertising details for your business, please check your Hotmail account and make sure it has not been classified as spam and respond to let us know your intentions.

Cheers, I managed to find the information. I'll be meeting with the local HuaHin business partners in the next few days, and I'm sure there will be interest in this option to let the the community know that there will soon be actual qualified local support.

It's great forum and we look forward to collaborating.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Anyone got any updates on QROPS who has researched them in the last 12 months or has transferred their pension in to one ?

I retired this year but I haven't taken my company pension yet and I am just looking at all options incl QROPS.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Pagey wrote:Anyone got any updates on QROPS who has researched them in the last 12 months or has transferred their pension in to one ?

I retired this year but I haven't taken my company pension yet and I am just looking at all options incl QROPS.
I didn't research to any great extent but my Company pension was a final salary scheme with indexation linked to CPI, so the bigger inflation increases and I was advised by my company pension advisor to leave it there - whether that was correct or not I don't know, but assuming the scheme remains viable (I believe/hope very likely) at least I know where I stand, it also offers a very good widows pension for the life of my wife, who at 16 years my junior, is a great peace of mind.
susee101
Novice
Novice

Post by susee101 »

We have recently gone through this process for myself and hubby. We had a variety of private pensions to be cleared for QROPS by HMRC. It is a tedious process but stick with it as it is well worth it in the long run for yourself and your family as it never dies with you or your spouse. Good luck
offshoreadvice
Rookie
Rookie

Post by offshoreadvice »

Hi,

I'm currently out in Africa on a long term projet, but if anyone out there would like me to email you a full QROPS guide I'd be more than happy to do that for you. This is your life savings after all and especially in this uregulated environment its wise to deal with a UK certified advisor and also a company that is UK FSA (now called FCA) regulated.

(Edited. If you wish to promote your products, contact - headoffice @ huahinmedia.com

Cheers
Daniel
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Resurrecting this thread as I could do with a Financial Advisors opinion on what steps to take, any FA's in HH ?

I have a reasonable final salary scheme which I have paid into for over 30 years and despite previous attempts by FA's to transfer my pension to a QROPS I have always resisted as no one could convince me they could make the same monthly pension my company will pay me from the Transfer Value.

I have just applied for a new transfer figure after reading that companies are offering higher TV's , possibly since Brexit and it has risen by over 15% since January last year and is now over 18 times my pension figure at retirement.

So as I understand it I will have this TV value to earn interest for an additional 9 years plus pay a reduced tax, not 20% that the UK will take, after my tax free allowance of course, and be able to take an annual sum (capped) out of the QROPS scheme to transfer elsewhere to re invest without the constraints of a QROPS.

Any FA's out there to give me an opinion or preferably meet to tell me how and where they/their company would invest my pension TV in a QROPS ?

Man in pub circa 1987.
offshoreadvice
Rookie
Rookie

Post by offshoreadvice »

PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Pagey wrote:Resurrecting this thread as I could do with a Financial Advisors opinion on what steps to take, any FA's in HH ?

I have a reasonable final salary scheme which I have paid into for over 30 years and despite previous attempts by FA's to transfer my pension to a QROPS I have always resisted as no one could convince me they could make the same monthly pension my company will pay me from the Transfer Value.

I have just applied for a new transfer figure after reading that companies are offering higher TV's , possibly since Brexit and it has risen by over 15% since January last year and is now over 18 times my pension figure at retirement.

So as I understand it I will have this TV value to earn interest for an additional 9 years plus pay a reduced tax, not 20% that the UK will take, after my tax free allowance of course, and be able to take an annual sum (capped) out of the QROPS scheme to transfer elsewhere to re invest without the constraints of a QROPS.

Any FA's out there to give me an opinion or preferably meet to tell me how and where they/their company would invest my pension TV in a QROPS ?
PAGEY

I suggest you contact Jerry Mcmenamin tel 0819212714. He writes various financial blogs in HH publications. He did mine through Richmond Wealth in London. First class service and company and over the past few years excellent returns. AND NO, I am not on commission!! The London MD is arriving in HH next month also
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

OK PET, thanks.

Man in pub circa 1987.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

PET, can you check your PM's please, I sent a PM a while ago that you haven't read yet.

Man in pub circa 1987.
offshoreadvice
Rookie
Rookie

Post by offshoreadvice »

Mod edit: offshoreadvice, you are touting for business as well as offering advice. This forum does not tolerate freeloaders, take an advert if you want to use it for business purposes. This is your final warning. We will herewith disable your PM facility as well.

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I wonder if people know the changes to QROPS since the budget. I've already transferred the biggest lump of my pension to Gibraltar (2% tax) and I was to transfer another quite large lump this year.
However, once again, the budget hit us expats. To transfer into a QROPS scheme now, the government will take 25% of the transfer up front and tie you to UK tax for the first 5 years.
The only exception to this is if you transfer into an EU country which is to become your domicile. As we live in Thailand, that doesn't apply.
So glad I moved money a year or so ago.