border in prachuap

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
gardenman
Novice
Novice

border in prachuap

Post by gardenman »

Hi,

About 5 years ago only Thais could cross at Prachuap and i used to go to Ranong to get stamped,i have an M visa every 90 days im 3 days late and would like to get my passport stamped in Prachuap as driving to Ranong is a nightmare and to much time wasted,i have looked at some other visa posts on here and Thaivisa but no real info as to wheather Aliens can cross into Myanmar at this spot in Prachuap and any info would be a great help on this as i have two kids to lookafter and finding time to do your visa is a real pain in the arse(rant),why when they give you a one year visa do you have to leave every 90 days,it seems to me another form of mind control just when your beginning to relax the visa problem rears its ugly head again,if anyone has been stamped at that border crossing in Prachuap it would be a great help to let me know,cheers
don´t trust the story coming out of london.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Hello there,
I'm certain that the situation hasn't changed yet in Prachuap. Apparantly, the Thai side is ready for it now, but there's nothing on the Burmese side. Still only a crossing for locals.
With regard to you're having to exit every 90 days, I think it has to do with tax. Although I've not heard of it being enforced recently, it used to be the case that if you were here for than 90 consequtive days, you needed a tax clearance certificate to leave the country.
When you say you have an "M" visa, do you mean a multiple entry "O" visa on the basis of marriage? Or do you refer to something else?
If on the basis of marriage, you can apply for a year's extension to the visa if you show 400,000 B in a Thai bank account or 40,000 per mth income, or a combination of both. If you get the extension, there's no need to leave the country every 90 days. You just report to immigration every 90 days and that can be done by post now.
If I've read your post correctly, I'd be careful of overstaying on a "proper visa". You might just find that it gets cancelled.
gardenman
Novice
Novice

cheers

Post by gardenman »

M" visa, do you mean a multiple entry "O" visa on the basis of marriage

Thats what i have,thanks for your help.

If on the basis of marriage, you can apply for a year's extension to the visa if you show 400,000 B in a Thai bank account or 40,000 per mth income, or a combination of both. If you get the extension, there's no need to leave the country every 90 days. You just report to immigration every 90 days and that can be done by post now.

I will ask a lawyer about what you said above,thanks once again
don´t trust the story coming out of london.
basin3883
Novice
Novice

Interview

Post by basin3883 »

gardenman wrote:M" visa, do you mean a multiple entry "O" visa on the basis of marriage
So when will we know more