Thai bank interest?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Re: Thai bank interest?

Post by pitsch »

Kasikorn gives also 3.4% for 12 months and they said, there is no tax!?!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I'm with Kasikorn, best they could offer last week was 2.8% with 15% tax on interest that's why I went to TMB who's rate gives me 2.8% net. The banks seem to change offers daily so my recommendation is to befriend someone in the bank who will give you a call when they have a special on, TMB have offered to do this.
Best of luck finding a good investment.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Back on the interest topic again, been to Kasikorn bank today best they can give for 1 year fixed deposit is 1.3%, 3% if fixed for 4 years.
Anyone got any insight on which is the best for a fixed deposit?
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Just found this web site, SCB presently giving 2.8% and ALL you need is 1000 million Baht. Gulp :lach: :lach:

http://thailand.deposits.org/deposits/
buksida

Post by buksida »

Try BAY, they offer 1.8% on a standard savings account, can withdraw at any time, and there is no tax to pay!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Is that Bank Ayudhya?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yep.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson