Visa run from Bangkok to Cambodia

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Bamboo Grove

Visa run from Bangkok to Cambodia

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Did another different kind of a visa run some time ago. I happened to have some things to do in Bangkok at the same time as my passport needed to be taken out for a walk. There are obviously several companies doing these runs to Cambodia from Bangers, I chose one that advertises in Bangkok Post. They have two daily departures (one on Mondays) leaving Big Mango at 05.30 and 07.00. I Chose the later one as I don´t fancy getting up at 04.30. The bus ride with one 10 min. stop to Aranyaprathet took about 3,5 hours and the bus was a nice double-decker with plenty of room to stretch your legs. It wasn´t crowded either (although I think the weekend ones might be), there was plenty of space for everyone.

They collected our passports before the departure and got the Cambodian visa for us. Passports were given back just before the arrival at Aran Ã
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

BG,
How long ago did you do the run? I've heard horror stories of the "fast track" passport control through the tour operators being stopped now.
You've got to queue like anyone else and why not?
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Less than two weeks ago. No problem with queuing an hour, it easily beats sitting on a bus to Ranong. As I mentioned everything else was smooth. The only queuing part was on the way back at the Thai Immigration, getting into Cambodia was quick and as we already had our visas, we didn´t have to go to the Cambodian Immigration also the out stamps were taken care of by the organisers.
Mart

Post by Mart »

I've done the visa run to Cambodia from Bangkok too. It was well organised and easy. The biggest thing against it for me though was that the Cambodian visa sticker itself takes up a whole page of your passport, if you do this every month, your passort is eaten up quickly. Just something to consider?

Mart
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

the Cambodian visa sticker itself takes up a whole page of your passport, if you do this every month, your passort is eaten up quickly
Very true, it also costs 1,000 baht, compared to the 5 USD that the Burmese stamp costs or nothing on the Malaysian border.