Dont bother getting a Kor Ror 22 in Hua Hin. Get in Bangkok.

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
MisterClean

Dont bother getting a Kor Ror 22 in Hua Hin. Get in Bangkok.

Post by MisterClean »

:cuss: Miserable woman at the desk treated my wife and I like we were complete idiots, we have been doing the paperwork ourselves, and brought her everything required, but she tried brushing us off, told us to make a copy of the embassy verification letter, she would go to lunch. We did, she came back an hour and a half later, we sat in front of her desk, she wouldnt even look up at us. She was barking orders to everyone Thais included.

She saw we were back after lunch for her, so when our number came up again, she started flipping through our papers talking to my wife like she was an idiot, even though my wife handled the paperwork herself.

The paperwork was correct.

We politely refused to get up from her desk as she tried to tell us we didnt have the correct paperwork and would have to go back to the US embassy in BKK to get them to add her name to the paper, even though it already was included with the embassys verification, and on the marriage certificate.

Well that would cost another trip to Bkk and ANOTHER 3000 baht fee to the embassy, who I have to make an appointment to visit.

Told her she was making a mistake, she called the"boss of the office" and with her back to us, across the room, she talks with him and starts shaking her head "no". Who shakes their head while on a phone conversation? No one... its not natural body movement. Try it for yourself...

It was at that moment I realized I wasnt getting shit today.

After getting the "boss of the office" phone number I left.

Called him, he yelled as he my told my wife to fax him all our paperwork. My wife asked him what else we needed, could we pay extra 2000 baht or some fee for VIP service, as Im sure he didnt want to treat the wrong person like this, yelling and interupting us at every word. And my wife can "debate" the best of them.

He says no VIP service, fax him, so we do, 17 pages front and back with all our seals signatures in order. (45 min, 500 baht at the nearest hotel fax.

He doesnt respond. So we call back the next day. Out of the office. Called the day after no answer. Waited out the weekend, called on Tuesday, finally hes back on the phone...talking to my wife the way he wouldnt if I was standing within one arms distance.

Then he says he is not really the boss and the first woman is boss of Kor Ror 22 requests.

That when I realized I wasnt getting shit in Hua Hin.

Went to Sathorn office, excellent service and with the exact same paperwork got the Kor Ror 22 in 35 minutes.

They even complimented me on being a Marine and looking like a "movie star". :naughty:

So :tsk: :tsk: Hua hin for Kor Ror 22. Im probably doing them a great service here lightening their work load.

I know that woman is sitting there in that hellish office right now and Im sitting on the beach. :cheers:
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Dont bother getting a Kor Ror 22 in Hua Hin. Get in Bang

Post by Homer »

MisterClean wrote: We politely refused to get up from her desk ...
Got friends here? They need to give you an intervention. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intervention_(counseling)
HHADFan
Professional
Professional

Post by HHADFan »

If you have the money, just change to a retirement visa. It's dead freakin' easy. Show a pension or show the money, show where you live, and you are DONE. This year my gf wanted to 'take care' of it for me, and did so many things wrong I was laughing out loud. Once the Immigration officer straightened her out (heaven forbid she would listen to ME) it took about five minutes after we ran back to the bank. I proved I had the money to live here and nobody gave a rat's a** who I lived with. The officers at HH Immigration are about as nice as any you'll deal with anywhere, but my limited understanding is that people used to cheat on marriage visas so they get checked more rigorously and suspiciously.

The officers at Hua Hin Immigration are NOT your enemies and treating them as such is apt to cause you many more problems than it will cause them.

[Mods: shouldn't this thread be in another subforum?]
"We're all living proof nothing lasts" - Jay Farrar
MisterClean

Post by MisterClean »

Homer wrote:
MisterClean wrote: We politely refused to get up from her desk ...
Got friends here? They need to give you an intervention. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intervention_(counseling)
Because she was trying to blow us off without making any sense and flipping through our papers without looking at them like a mental patient.

You wouldnt have stood up and left at that point either unless you.

If it doesnt make sense what she is telling us, and she has the balls to send us to get a copy and then acts like she never expected us to come back with it, so she then changes her story about what we "need" (remember I said i got my Kor Ror 22 in Sathorn without making any changes to the paperwork). I already had everything I needed.

So what would you have done? Id love to hear... :bow:
MisterClean

Post by MisterClean »

HHADFan wrote:If you have the money, just change to a retirement visa. It's dead freakin' easy. Show a pension or show the money, show where you live, and you are DONE. This year my gf wanted to 'take care' of it for me, and did so many things wrong I was laughing out loud. Once the Immigration officer straightened her out (heaven forbid she would listen to ME) it took about five minutes after we ran back to the bank. I proved I had the money to live here and nobody gave a rat's a** who I lived with. The officers at HH Immigration are about as nice as any you'll deal with anywhere, but my limited understanding is that people used to cheat on marriage visas so they get checked more rigorously and suspiciously.

The officers at Hua Hin Immigration are NOT your enemies and treating them as such is apt to cause you many more problems than it will cause them.

[Mods: shouldn't this thread be in another subforum?]
I wasnt at immigration, they dont issue Kor Ror 22s there, as it is a marriage registration it has to be done at the town hall by the police station.

I wouldnt mess with immigration officers as they are the thin grey line seperating us from a life of shit back in our home countries am I right? :thumb:
HHADFan
Professional
Professional

Post by HHADFan »

Sorry, did a quick google search and it turned up marriage visas. :oops: I'm a bit sensitive about Immigration because I've always been treated fairly and very politely. They are the people that let us stay here and if we're legal, there's no hassle. Retirement visa renewals are faster than driver's license renewals in the US.
"We're all living proof nothing lasts" - Jay Farrar
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Totally agree with MisterClean. One especially is a pain in the rear end and most expats know who! They don't like the marraige visa as it has to be sent to BKK.

However didn't realise you could goto BKK if you lived here. Have you got a BKK address?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

MisterClean wrote:I wasnt at immigration,
Stick to football JG :cheers:
no more dePreston
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

poosmate wrote:
MisterClean wrote:I wasnt at immigration,
Stick to football JG :cheers:
Damn right!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip