Investment Rates

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
SPONSORS: Chavalit & Partners : AA Insurance
ahandpatsy
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:33 pm

Re: Investment Rates

Post by ahandpatsy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:37 pm

oakdale160 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:08 am
ahand patsy-- you like my 50/50 b/e split. MY equity 48%-- 40 are S&P top 100 & Toronto SX top 25, with about 5% euro (that includes UK) and 4% Asian.
Oakdale so do you use market tracker funds or individual company stocks to make up your say 40% in the US market?

ahandpatsy
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:33 pm

Re: Investment Rates

Post by ahandpatsy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:53 pm

ahandpatsy wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:37 pm
oakdale160 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:08 am
ahand patsy-- you like my 50/50 b/e split. MY equity 48%-- 40 are S&P top 100 & Toronto SX top 25, with about 5% euro (that includes UK) and 4% Asian.
Oakdale so do you use market tracker funds or individual company stocks to make up your say 40% in the US market?
And why if you think I am pretentious are you asking me for investment advice.

User avatar
johnjar
Professional
Professional
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:34 pm
Location: Hua Hin , Thailand

Re: Investment Rates

Post by johnjar » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:46 pm

migrant wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:56 pm
As an accountant I have many clients who use a FA. It's amazing how many people do not look at their statements, etc, but rely just on the adviser.s verbal. Read your statements and ask questions. If you don't understand ask someone who does. Many clients were not getting the correct info from their adviser once fees and charges were added into the formula.
A lot of investors all read Bernie Madoffs statements and it didn’t do them much good…Just a thought

handdrummer
Guru
Guru
Posts: 698
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:58 am

Re: Investment Rates

Post by handdrummer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:10 am

Malcolm, RHS & TFI. I'm not sure if they're closed-end funds. I don't track the account to closely. As long as long the income keeps flowing and the principal isn't shrinking I'm happy.

User avatar
johnjar
Professional
Professional
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:34 pm
Location: Hua Hin , Thailand

Re: Investment Rates

Post by johnjar » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:10 am

handdrummer wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:10 am
Malcolm, RHS & TFI. I'm not sure if they're closed-end funds. I don't track the account to closely. As long as long the income keeps flowing and the principal isn't shrinking I'm happy.
handdrummer.. 100% agree that's my view also :D

oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3052
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: Investment Rates

Post by oakdale160 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:18 am

ahandpatsy wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:53 pm
ahandpatsy wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:37 pm
oakdale160 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:08 am
ahand patsy-- you like my 50/50 b/e split. MY equity 48%-- 40 are S&P top 100 & Toronto SX top 25, with about 5% euro (that includes UK) and 4% Asian.
Oakdale so do you use market tracker funds or individual company stocks to make up your say 40% in the US market?
And why if you think I am pretentious are you asking me for investment advice.
Touche.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests