Adoption of Thai Children (family)

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Geordie Farang
Rookie
Rookie

Adoption of Thai Children (family)

Post by Geordie Farang »

Hi All,
Anyone ever adopted Thai children from Thai family relatives, prolems, drawbacks, positives, help etc. All comments welcome. Where do I start. :cheers:
Regards

Geordie Farang.

Go To Thailand, you won't regret it.
buksida

Post by buksida »

A friend of mine is in the process of doing it. A lot of paperwork and social visits from authorities involved, police and embassy need to check your status at home, criminal record etc etc.

I can ask him if you have any specific questions.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Geordie,

Maybe this is stating something you already know but...

If the reason for your question is that you want to bring your Thai wife/gf's child to the UK you don't need to adopt. You just need to demonstrate that your wife/gf is the main carer and financial provider and (I think) get permission from the father if still alive. The UK embassy generally does try to keep families together. I have done this myself so this is not hearsay.

Apologies if I am teaching you to suck eggs!
Geordie Farang
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Geordie Farang »

Hi Jamie / Buksida,
Thanks for the replies. No It's my brother-in -law's young kids who recently lost their young mother at the age of 26. One child is 6yrs and the other 9yrs, both girls.
Which authorities do I start with in Thailand? or can the Thai police help with direction? Any social service departments etc?
Any help welcome.
:cheers:
:wink:
Regards

Geordie Farang.

Go To Thailand, you won't regret it.