'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by Homer »

caller wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:21 pmWell, my 90 day report was due on the 12th and the visa extension renewal on the 20th. I wanted to kill two birds with one stone ...
Isn't 90 day reporting accepting anytime between 2 weeks before and one week after the due date? And annual renewal 30 days before and ?? days after due date? If you have all the required documents, you can kill 2 birds with one stone in the overlap between the two sets of before and after dates.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

You can renew your permission to stay 30 days before (some offices accept 45 days) but not ONE day late!
Usually when you renew your annual, they will adjust the 90 day reporting from that date.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Yes, I am aware of the above and I was only reporting what he did. But next year I will also kill two birds with one stone.
Talk is cheap
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I have a question of when I can renew/extend my Non-Immigrant O visa based on marriage.

My visa expires 3 April 2017. I am working offshore and have very limited possibilities to change around on my rotation. Previously I had the understanding that I could go for my annual extension within 30 days of my visa’s expiry date, but I have recently heard that this has been extended to 45 days. Is this correct?
My situation is the following:

1. I will arrive Thailand Friday 16th February. I need a couple of days to organize papers and bank account statement, so earliest to go to Immigration would be on the following Tuesday 20th. February.

2. If I submit my documents on the 20th. February, this will according to my counting be 42 days (43 days if counting the 20th) prior to April 3rd. which is the date my visa expires.

3. I will be going back to work, Monday 26th March, so any longer would be very difficult since they need 30 days handling time (extension based on marriage and I am under 50 years old, so the papers need to go to Main Office in Laksi, Bangkok every year when i renew/extend) before they issue the visa. Which mean that I will get my visa extension Thursday 22nd March.

Will this be possible, or am I too early to submit my application for extension?

I have scanned copies of my current last visa extension and original visa issued back in 2009 if this is needed by any of the visa gurus here to answer my question. If noone knows the answer, does anyone have a email address to Hua Hin Immigration which I can use to ask the question and hopefully get an answer?
YNWA
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Many offices are now allowing renewals of extensions up to 45 days days early. I'm not sure if HH is one of them but hopefully someone else can confirm.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Noone here which has tried to renew/extend (1 year) their Non-Imm O/OA earlier than 30 days of expiry at Hua Hin Immigration ref. my post above?
YNWA
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

I went down immigration in Bluport last week, and asked about retirement extension and they told me 45 days before was ok (only in the main place - not bluport). Which is great as I can do it this month before immigration gets jammed with tourists in January. I think last year was only 30 days before.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Went to Bluport today to try out the visa extension service for the first time today.

I've been saying they should cash in on this for years to save people the cost of a visa run and make money at the same time - amazed they've actually done it.

As I only had a tourist stamp in my passport, I decided to go there on the earliest possible date to cover the rest of my trip in case it was too good to be true. The guy asked me when I would be leaving, and when I told him then advanced his date stamp 'in case I wanted to stay a few more days' - and gave me a 35 day stamp.

Surprised - me - yes..!
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: RE: Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by huahin4ever »

fft100 wrote:I went down immigration in Bluport last week, and asked about retirement extension and they told me 45 days before was ok (only in the main place - not bluport). Which is great as I can do it this month before immigration gets jammed with tourists in January. I think last year was only 30 days before.
Well, as of this week I can confirm that even the main office do not accept extension earlier than 30 days prior to visa expiry date.
YNWA
Robert williams
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Robert williams »

Having moved from Samui I shall need to renew my one year retirement visa soon. New and unique to Samui requirements pop up like weeds. Could some helpful person please provide a list of all the paperwork required or a working link to Hua Hin immigration that will give me the information.
Also, will I have to provide TM 28/30 every time for renewal of my visa even if I have not travelled or moved house.
I live in Prachuap. I can not be sure that Immigration at Dan Singhorn will know what Hua Hin requires.
My experiences on Samui have left me a little twitchy.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Isn't Singkhon and Hua Hin immigration the same outfit. It certainly used to be the case. i.e. Hua Hin immigration was an outpost of Singkhon.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I remember that. But isn't it now Prachuabkhirikhan immigration, of which both Hua Hin and Dan Singkhon are subsidiary?
Robert williams
Amateur
Amateur

I am told that only ninety day and tm 28 and 30 can be done at Dan Singhorn. A one year visa must be done at Hua Hin. Previously Dan Singhorn would do a one year retirement visa
buksida

Post by buksida »

Correct, you cannot get 1 year extensions at Dansingkhon.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Robert williams
Amateur
Amateur

Renewal retirement visa

After moving to Prachuap town from Samui I joined this forum. Some months ago I asked if the forum could advise me what documents are required to renew a retirement visa - not based on marriage. There was no response. Rather than having to journey To Hua Hin immigration to ask them for the papers required and finding this sort of thing hard to do on the phone I am making this request again.