Double entry Tourist Visa - Where to go

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
TonyandKozy
Novice
Novice

Double entry Tourist Visa - Where to go

Post by TonyandKozy »

I'm in Hua Hin for 3 months and have a double entry tourist visa. I think this means I only have to leave Thailand and then come straight back in i.e. no Immigration?

Can anyone suggest the best way to do this? for example flying out of BKK or is Rayong still the best way?

Thanks all

TandK
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

Depending on the length of the visa you will have to leave within the specified time.
stamped on the TMG card , you will have to visit immigration on the way out and way back in .
Your double entry can be used at any border crossing point whichever is closest .or alternatively you can fly out and return via Don Muang
Last edited by dr dave soul monsta on Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

When you entered Thailand, you would have been given 60 days. This can be extended for a further 30 at any immigration centre for 1,900 Baht. If you're in HH, just go to the police station and do it there. Easy. That's your three months.
It's only when the 30 day extension is about to expire that you have to leave the country. On reentering you'll get another 60 days (your double entry), extendable by 30. So a double entry tourist visa effectively lasts 6 months, with one exit.
If you do exit and you're in HH, I would suggest Ranong is best.
Rayong is on the other side of the gulf.