New passport for Thai in HH or Prachuap?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
daddy

New passport for Thai in HH or Prachuap?

Post by daddy »

hello!

I want to ask if anybody knows if Thai poeple has the possibility to get a new (Thai-)passport in Hua Hin or Prachuap Khiri Khan? Or everybody has to go to Bangkok for get it?
Thanks for the answers.

Daddy
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: New passport for Thai in HH or Prachuap?

Post by Dannie Boy »

daddy wrote:hello!

I want to ask if anybody knows if Thai poeple has the possibility to get a new (Thai-)passport in Hua Hin or Prachuap Khiri Khan? Or everybody has to go to Bangkok for get it?
Thanks for the answers.

Daddy
Bangkok I'm afraid.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Can also do it in Surat: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21656
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

In support of what buksi has said, he gave me the same advice earlier in the year, which I ignored.

The queues in Bangkok are huge - you need to allow 8 hours in Bangkok. It would have been quicker to do the longer journey to Surat, where waiting is minimal.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Don't forget the passport office at the Central Mall, Bang Na. You would exit Rt 9 on Bangna Trad road and be very close to it.

Is this office where you had crowd problems BB? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^ That's where my missus renewed her's about a year ago and the queue was minimal. I left her in the office which is in the middle of a mall parking garage and I went into Tops market just to peruse their wares and I had only made it up and down a few aisles when my wife came to say she was finished.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ It was closed during all the demonstration disruptions. Perhaps that was the time BB had to renew and then the only choice was the main office in Bangkok which in itself was disrupted and sometimes blocked. All other branches were closed. Pete

EDIT: "All other branches" I'm talking about = Bang Na and Pattaya
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

prcscct wrote:^ It was closed during all the demonstration disruptions. Perhaps that was the time BB had to renew and then the only choice was the main office in Bangkok which in itself was disrupted and sometimes blocked. All other branches were closed. Pete

EDIT: "All other branches" I'm talking about = Bang Na and Pattaya
Erm, I think that you may have that arse about, Pete. The "main" office on Chaeng Wattana was closed, and Bang Na became the "main" office. Big Boy went to Pink Lao(sp), despite other advice. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Yes, I was mistaken and got it backwards. :thumb:....not unusual for me these days. :roll:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just found the following announcement on Facebook (in Thai with Bing Translation). Although I can't substantiate the information, I do have a lot of faith in the soundness of the poster.

It is entirely your choice if you follow it up, but it seems to be worth a shot to me. There is a phone number.
องค์การบริหารส่วนจังหวัดประจวบคีรีขันธ์ ร่วมกับ กรมการกงสุล ออกหน่วยบริการหนังสือเดินทางเคลื่อนที่ ให้บริการประชาชนชาวประจวบคีรีขันธ์ ระหว่างวันที่ 25 – 29 สิงหาคม 2557 ตั้งแต่เวลา 08.30 น. - 16.30 น. ณ หอประชุมสภาองค์การบริหารส่วนจังหวัดประจวบคีรีขันธ์ ชั้น 2
สำหรับผู้สนใจจะทำหนังสือเดินทางประเภทธรรมดา ต้องใช้เอกสารดังต่อไปนี้
กรณีบุคคลทั่วไป
1. บัตรประจำตัวประชาชน (ตัวจริง) ที่มีเลขประจำตัวประชาชน 13 หลัก ที่ยังไม่หมดอายุและไม่ถูกเลิก
กรณีผู้เยาว์ (อายุต่ำกว่า 20 ปีบริบูรณ์)
1. บัตรประจำตัวประชาชน (ตัวจริง) กรณียังไม่มีบัตรประจำตัวประชาชน ให้ใช้สูติบัตรที่มีเลขประจำตัวประชาชน 13 หลัก (ตัวจริง)
2. ทะเบียนบ้านหรือสำเนาทะเบียนบ้านที่มีชื่อผู้ยื่นคำร้องถูกต้อง (ไม่อยู่ระหว่างการย้ายหรืออยู่ในทะเบียนบ้านกลางหรือขัดข้องด้วยเหตุอื่น)
3. บัตรประจำตัวประชาชนของบิดาและมารดา (ตัวจริง)
4. บิดาและมารดาต้องมาลงนามให้ความยินยอมแก่ผู้เยาว์ทั้งสองคน ในขณะยื่นคำร้อง
4.1. กรณีบิดาและมารดามิได้จดทะเบียนสมรสและผู้เยาว์อยู่ในความอุปการะของมารดาแต่ผู้เดียว ให้มารดาเป็นผู้ลงนามพร้อมแสดงหนังสือรับรองการปกครองบุตรที่ออกโดยอำเภอหรือสำนักทะเบียนท้องถิ่น (ตัวจริง)
4.2. กรณีบิดาและมารดาจดทะเบียนหย่าให้ผู้ใช้อำนาจปกครองผู้เยาว์แต่ผู้เดียวที่ระบุในบันทึกการหย่าเป็นผู้ลงนามให้ความยินยอมพร้อมกับบันทึกการหย่า (ตัวจริง)
4.3. กรณีบิดาหรือมารดาคนใดคนหนึ่งไม่สามารถมาลงนามให้ความยินยอมได้ ให้ผู้นั้นทำหนังสือยินยอมจากอำเภอหรือสำนักทะเบียนท้องถิ่น (ตัวจริง) และนำมาแสดง
5.ใบเปลี่ยนชื่อหรือสกุลของผู้เยาว์ บิดาและมารดาตัวจริง (ถ้ามี)
ค่าธรรมเนียมการทำหนังสือเดินทาง
- ค่าธรรมเนียมหนังสือเดินทาง 1,000 บาท
- ค่าส่งไปรษณีย์ (EMS) 40 บาท
ขั้นตอนการทำหนังสือเดินทาง
1.แสดงเอกสาร
2.วัดส่วนสูง
3. กรอกชื่อภาษาอังกฤษและที่อยู่
4. แสกนลายนิ้วมือ และถ่ายรูป
5. ชำระค่าธรรมเนียม/รอรับเล่มทางไปรษณีย์
สอบถามรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมที่ สำนักปลัด องค์การบริหารส่วนจังหวัดประจวบคีรีขันธ์ 032-602015
* The prachuap khiri Khan provincial administrative organization, in cooperation with the Department of Consular Affairs passport services. mobile units to serve people of prachuap khiri Khan between 25 – August 29, 2014 from 08.30 am-16.30 pm at the Hall of administration the province prachuap khiri Khan, 2nd floor, for those who are interested can make an ordinary type of passport. The following documentation is required in case the general public 1. Identity card (for real) with 13-digit national ID number has not expired and has not been cancelled in case of a minor (under the age of 20 years old) 1. Identity card (for real) The case also does not have a birth certificate, identity card with an identification number, primary 13 (for real) 2. Household registration or a copy of house registration containing the name of filing a claim is valid (not during a move or live in another reason failure or Chong nonsi) 3. Identity card of father and mother (for real) 4. The father and the mother must sign the consent both of those young people. While filing a claim 4.1. If the father and mother did not register a marriage and who is the mother of the minor, but one mother who signed with certificate of child custody issued by the local register Office or the district (for real) 4.2. If the father and mother divorce registered users, but only minor administrative powers specified in the divorce as a signatory consent along with record divorce (for real) 4.3. If the father or the mother, either one can not come to sign consent. The books, written by the local register Office or the district (for real) and presented 5. a minor's last name. Father and mother: the true fee (if any) passport-Passport charge 1000 baht-postal delivery (EMS) 40 baht process passports 1.2 meter high parts. the 3. English name and address 4. Fingerprint scanner and Photo 5. Fee/waiting to receive books by mail for more information please contact the Office of the provincial administration organization palad prachuap khiri Khan 32-602015.

Points 48; Position 20
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

On Monday my wife left Hua Hin at 05.15 on the minivan, took a taxi to Pin Klao Bangkok, 20 minutes at the office that does passports then was back in Hua Hin by 15.00, passport due to arrive on Friday. However, she also verifies BB's info that she didn't know about until after the event.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Just wondering whether anybody was able to use the mobile passport office at Prechuab Kiri Khan, only I've tried calling the number that BB gave in his reply to see if they have any forthcoming surgeries, but get no answer?

If we have to go to BKK to get a passport for my wife, does anybody have directions for the Pink Lao office?

Thanks.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

I'm pretty sure the Pinklao office is here https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/13% ... :0x0?hl=en

It used to be downstairs (below ground level) but now it's on the fifth or sixth floor.

So turn left at Rama2/Highway 9 toward Bang Khae and then head for Pinklao at Taling Chan, make sure you get down off the elevated road before Pinklao.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Frank Hovis wrote:I'm pretty sure the Pinklao office is here https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/13% ... :0x0?hl=en

It used to be downstairs (below ground level) but now it's on the fifth or sixth floor.

So turn left at Rama2/Highway 9 toward Bang Khae and then head for Pinklao at Taling Chan, make sure you get down off the elevated road before Pinklao.
Thanks for that Frank very much appreciated. Having looked at the map, it seems that there's not much in it distance wise between this place and the office at Bang Na coming from Cha Am, but any idea if one of them is much easier to get to?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus wrote:Big Boy went to Pink Lao(sp), despite other advice. :cheers:
:oops: Not deliberately :D

Points 48; Position 20