Thai bank account on a tourist visa... possible?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
jungle

Re: Thai bank account on a tourist visa... possible?

Post by jungle »

i have had a Kasikorn account for over 7 years now which i opened with just a tourist visa ( to tell you the truth i am not even sure they looked at what visa i had at the time ). i went to the Kasikorn bank a couple of weeks ago to open an account for the wife so she could have the cash requirements for the OA visa we will apply for.
Had every copy of every document you could think of and after waiting god knows how long for the girls checking this that and the other the wife was told she could not open an account, they said to get the visa first the come back, at this point i walked out. went to the Krungsri bank next door and came out after 20 mins with the account all set up, she even set up internet banking, debit card the lot. the girl was brilliant.
all done at the branch in MV.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Attended immigration this morning for the Residence Certificate, in and out in 30 minutes (albeit my wallet was 500baht lighter). Went straight to Bangkok branch near MV. Had to wait in the queue for 45 minutes but after that everything was a breeze. Account opened, ATM card supplied, internet banking sorted.
As previously mentioned I want to transfer GBP through their London branch to my branch here, which willl arrive in Baht. I have just completed the instruction for my UK bank to do their bit, I shall be checking the internet tomorrow awaiting arrival in the new account.
bluelagoon

Post by bluelagoon »

oakdale160 wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 8:24 am a few moths ago i wanted to send some money abroad from my account. MV was not open till 11 so i went to another branch. The lady went through my bank book.I had recently brought some money in from a consult job abroad, my branch had taken it without a murmer she asked me for proof of where the money had come from, of course i had nothing with me. so she refused my request---just too damn lazy to process my request.
which bank was this and at which branch?

I also heard that banks in HH remitted some sort of green slip upon arrival of funds from abroad? What is this slip and how is is remitted to the sender? Thanks for any feedback! :thumb:
Nonsense is better then no sense :laugh:
bluelagoon

Post by bluelagoon »

jungle wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 3:52 pm i have had a Kasikorn account for over 7 years now which i opened with just a tourist visa ( to tell you the truth i am not even sure they looked at what visa i had at the time ). i went to the Kasikorn bank a couple of weeks ago to open an account for the wife so she could have the cash requirements for the OA visa we will apply for.
Had every copy of every document you could think of and after waiting god knows how long for the girls checking this that and the other the wife was told she could not open an account, they said to get the visa first the come back, at this point i walked out. went to the Krungsri bank next door and came out after 20 mins with the account all set up, she even set up internet banking, debit card the lot. the girl was brilliant.
all done at the branch in MV.
Lucky you!. In march 2017 I tried to open an accound with a 30 day tourist visa at MV village, had my passport plus the internet form for the home rental. All the branches refused saying that on a tourist visa this was not possible. Which branch of Krungsiri did you get the efficient service?
Nonsense is better then no sense :laugh: