Renewing a UK passport from Thailand

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Re: Renewing a UK passport from Thailand

Post by Big Boy »

I'm just getting everything together for next week's visit by Mrs BB, and I'd missed this requirement when I read through previously.
Evidence.png
Evidence.png (18.86 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
The photo evidence is easy, but what do we use as the second part? Would her Tabien Baan be OK? If yes, will it need to be translated? Or could she use her ID card - again I assume it would need to be translated? Neither are dated within the last 12 months.

Reading this one, I'm thinking a lot of people struggle with it because I don't believe I could meet any of those either. Is it a trip to Immigration to get a residency letter (crazy when she has official documents like a Tabien Baan).

HELP please.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just found the answer to the translation question:
All documents which are not in English need to be translated into English and certified.

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Tabien Baan is ok, as long as it is translated.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks - we'll get that sorted within the hour.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

What a doddle the process was. Apointment was 09:40, but it was all done, and we were both back in the hotel by 09:40. They sent me in with Mrs BB to the booth. Nice smiling/friendly face to greet us/process the paperwork. Lovely view (friendly face and out of the window :oops: ).

Mrs BB was quite scared, but was actually quite relaxed during the process. People guided us all the way from the entrance - easy.

Only moment of confusion was Mrs BB signing her name in Thai, but that problem was overcome when they realised her passport signature was also in Thai.

Only one problem, it's Bangkok, and I hate Bangkok.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

And the happy ending................. Passport is ready for collection, just 2 weeks after submission. :D

Points 41; Position 18
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

That's a result and good to know that the system is working well - at least for now.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Collected my new passport from The Trendy building yesterday and was also present the with visa transfer form for immigration here in HH.

Does anyone know if immigration here requires the transfer request form to be translated and certified into Thai?

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk
buksida

Post by buksida »

Just seen this ad on here: http://www.keyvisathailand.com/services ... -thailand/

Surely 5,000 baht for this service is cheaper than two separate trips to Bangkok with accommodation?

Has anyone tried it? My son's is due for renewal in October and I really don't fancy two trips to Bangkok (6 hours each way from where I live)!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've never used it, but did consider it until I got to step 3
Documents to bring to the office – checklist
I gave up at that point as they are Pattaya based.

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

But it also says this:
Even if you live away from Pattaya then we can still help, just send your documents to us via EMS and make the payment into our bank account. When your new passport is ready we will send it to you via EMS for just an additional 100 baht.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

As I said, I did seriously consider it.

[Edit] If you use them, I'd love to know how you get on.

Points 41; Position 18
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

buksida wrote:But it also says this:
Even if you live away from Pattaya then we can still help, just send your documents to us via EMS and make the payment into our bank account. When your new passport is ready we will send it to you via EMS for just an additional 100 baht.
I'm gonna give this a go!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
buksida wrote:But it also says this:
I'm gonna give this a go!

Mine is due for renewal in 12 months so I have a little time. But I intend to use this Pattaya service and send them docs by EMS.
One thought I read somewhere that Immigration will require a letter from the Embassy ( UK in my case) to confirm the new passport is genuine before they transfer the old visa - will Keyvisa also take care of this?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Let us know how it goes JG.