Renewing a UK passport from Thailand

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Renewing a UK passport from Thailand

Post by PET »

I promised to follow up with my experience of extending my British passport through the Key Visa co in Pattaye so here goes - their web page is http://www.keyvisathailand.com/services ... -thailand/

I went into the web site on 8 Aug and downloaded the applications forms etc and over the next 2 days I completed them CAREFULLY following all instructions and had passport photos signed and my forms signed by another British subject.

I had previously contacted Darren at Keyvisa by email to ascertain about payment. He said send all the documents and passport by EMS and they will then check and confirm the correctness. At which time he will give bank account details to make payment.
On 12 Aug I sent the docs by EMS and they were received by Kay Visa on 15 Aug
They email on 15 Aug that all was Ok and gave bank details. I sent THB 5,100 which was the fee and another 100 to cover the EMS from Pattaya to HH with the new and old passport.
On 18 Aug Ket Visa went to a prearranged appointment with the Brit's in Trendy House and I heard today that the new passport was ready for collection.
Key Visa are collecting it and will EMS it tomorrow and advise tracking number.
The credit card form was for a total of stg pds 106.01

Frankly an excellent service which is very fast and avoids all the visits and appointments etc in Bangkok
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Thanks for your follow up info. My PP expires in December next year and don't really fancy the Bangkok route. I was contemplating going to UK next year purely to renew.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you very much for your update PET. It certainly sounds a rout well worth pursuing in the future. Its always better when you know somebody has successfully used the service. :thumb:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thanks for the update, I will definitely be using this service to renew my son's passport in a week or two.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Brilliant. I printed out the application form and the CC form over a week ago but been too busy to put pen to paper. I thought I might be the guinea pig but great to hear that you've tried and tested it PET. I hope to get mine off this week now.

Great News!!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Something I forgot to mention is that Imm require a letter from the British Embassy that the new passport is genuine, and Key Visa advised me that it is FREE and comes with the passport. I had anticipated that was another trip to Bangkok but thank goodness NO.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

PET wrote:Something I forgot to mention is that Imm require a letter from the British Embassy that the new passport is genuine, and Key Visa advised me that it is FREE and comes with the passport. I had anticipated that was another trip to Bangkok but thank goodness NO.
That's great as I forgot I'll need to transfer my visa to the new passport and I heard you need that letter.

On another note the photograph signatures did you just get a friend or did you have to search out a rocket scientist?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
PET wrote:Something I forgot to mention is that Imm require a letter from the British Embassy that the new passport is genuine, and Key Visa advised me that it is FREE and comes with the passport. I had anticipated that was another trip to Bangkok but thank goodness NO.
That's great as I forgot I'll need to transfer my visa to the new passport and I heard you need that letter.

On another note the photograph signatures did you just get a friend or did you have to search out a rocket scientist?
Just a British friend Jimmy in HH
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

PET wrote:
JimmyGreaves wrote:

So the issue is Jimmy, do you have any friends in HH? :naughty:
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Dannie Boy wrote:
PET wrote:
JimmyGreaves wrote:

So the issue is Jimmy, do you have any friends in HH? :naughty:
I do have a few but I'm unsure if the embassy will accept their occupations: labourer, window cleaner, dealer or alchoholic to name a few. I have a friend whose an astronaut but he's Russian and I think I need a British citizen. I used to know a doctor but he's dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

You don't need a countersignature when applying for a renewal unless as stated below (from gov.uk)

"When you need someone else to sign your form and photo

You must get your form and one of your 2 photos signed if you’re applying for a:

first adult passport
first child passport
replacement for a lost, stolen or damaged passport
renewal of a passport for a child aged 11 or under
renewal of a passport if your appearance has changed and you can’t be recognised from your existing passport"
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

HHTel wrote:You don't need a countersignature when applying for a renewal unless as stated below (from gov.uk)

"When you need someone else to sign your form and photo

You must get your form and one of your 2 photos signed if you’re applying for a:

first adult passport
first child passport
replacement for a lost, stolen or damaged passport
renewal of a passport for a child aged 11 or under
renewal of a passport if your appearance has changed and you can’t be recognised from your existing passport"
Nice!
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Does anyone know if there is a company in Hua Hin that offers this service. I am contemplating using Key but just wondered if there was a company that is more local to save messing about with the postal services.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

I never updated this thread.

I used http://www.keyvisathailand.com/services ... -thailand/ to renew about a couple of months ago and it went as smooth as silk!
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

I don't understand why you want to use a service to do this. I renewed mine 2 years ago and the process was very simple