Immigration to introduce 90 day reporting online

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Re: Immigration to introduce 90 day reporting online

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks for those kind words :D :butt:

You were going to try it also - did you get it to work? The only question I couldn't answer was the flight number I last entered Thailand on - totally illegible in my passport, but it wasn't a mandatory question anyway.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Mine isnt due for over 2 weeks so will have to wait. I've lined up some seats and beer for the karaoke though!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

And the propaganda tries to wind us up over the Great Firewall of China ...................... and they can't do a simple task like this properly. :banghead:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Bumping this, as it's quite important to me, and probably many others.

To all of the 'clever guys' who have taken the time to post that it worked for them, what was the response after you pressed 'Submit'?

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, I've tried again this morning, and there were obviously a few bugs in the system last night i.e. it would not move to step 2. The response I should have received after pressing Submit was another page requesting information titled Step 2.

buksi, I think the fat lady is exercising her tonsils - just waiting for the confirmation now :D

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Checked back on the website this morning, and it was approved. Printed the relevant bits, and stapled them in my passport.

So once the gremlins were evicted, the fat lady started singing :dance:

Probably takes less than 5 minutes from start to finish.

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Did the small print say you now had to take it to immigration for counter signature? :shock: :laugh:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, they issued me with a next appointment date, so as far as I'm concerned its done.

Points 48; Position 18
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

First time through I got an error. I had one small problem. Found the solution online: Do not type your nationality in the box. Use the drop down on the right hand side (the little eyeglass), which lists all nationalities (including Utopia I believe) in English AND Thai, to select your nationality. You will get an error otherwise. Second time through I used drop downs exclusively and it worked fine. Did it in Chrome with the 'User-Agent Switcher' extension that allows Chrome to appear to the web server as any one of a number of different browsers and versions of those browsers. Might not have been necessary but I didn't want to be seen using IE10 in public :-)
buksida

Post by buksida »

bullshit.jpg
bullshit.jpg (14.55 KiB) Viewed 490 times
:cuss: Should have expected it really.

Tried using IE8 and Chrome with user agent switch to IE10, using drop-downs. First one throws up the same error I've always had, second one a blank screen.

Hohum - another 3 hour trip for 60 seconds work. :guns:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Try it again later today - that is the message I was getting initially. The fat lady sang for me ....................... eventually :D

Points 48; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I went in yesterday and the queue was enormous going right outside the main room, all along the outside corridor and out onto the grass, almost five hours to get my yearly visa renewed. Thankfully the immigration staff worked through their lunch time and did not close shop or it would have been 6 hours.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

I was there too for my retirement extention. Arrived at 10.00am and the place was buzzing, got my ticket No. 40 and went to get photo's done. Number 31 was in the chair. Sat for an hour while all the 90 dayers went through with a young lady collecting passports. Numbers 32 and 33 were called and sorted 34/35/36/37 must have decided to do it another day and departed. 38 and 39 got sorted and then my turn................I was on my way home at 11.30 which I was quite happy with, I had been expecting a much longer wait. My thanks go out to numbers 34/35/36/37 for making my wait so short :cheers: :thumb: :thumb:
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

You got there at 10 and got ticket 40 and out at 11.30, I was there 9.10 and got ticket 46 out at 2.25, how did that happen? You must have pressed the button on the ticket machine real nice. Given how busy it was the staff were really helpful with no one slacking as they used to.

They really should have a separate room for 90 day reports which are basically a formality.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Don't know if it happened on this occassion, but last time I was there people were taking tickets from 2 sequences, and taking which ever slot came up first, which meant many numbers were not used.

Points 48; Position 18