Assistance with UK visitor visa application

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
lomuamart

Re: Assistance with UK visitor visa application

Post by lomuamart »

Big Boy wrote:
HHTel wrote:Sometimes these 'public servants' away from London where they would be in the crowds travelling to work and are now here living in their ivory palace for a couple of years, give themselves more importance than they deserve and show they have the power over somebody's life!
Is it still those public servants? Does the decision get as far as them? I thought it was all done via an agency these days ............ or does the decision still go them for rubber stamping?
The outsourced visa place just processes applications. All decisions are made at The Embassy.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, thanks :thumb:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Bilbo52

Post by Bilbo52 »

Thanks for the advice, etc. My mate is going to amass further evidence to show that his fiancee has a good reason to return to Thailand and that the relationship has depth and length so to speak. He will submit this when he is back in Thailand in April.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

The UK visa application service has stepped up its game. On Monday last week I applied on line for a UK visitors visa for my wife. Having gathered all of the paperwork I fixed an appointment for her on Tuesday morning.
Today I received notification that her passport and approved visa will be ready for collection from Trendy Building BKK in two days. Now that's service ........ If you ignore the $133 fee I feel very happy with the service.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Bristolian wrote:The UK visa application service has stepped up its game. On Monday last week I applied on line for a UK visitors visa for my wife. Having gathered all of the paperwork I fixed an appointment for her on Tuesday morning.
Today I received notification that her passport and approved visa will be ready for collection from Trendy Building BKK in two days. Now that's service ........ If you ignore the $133 fee I feel very happy with the service.
My wife's Visa Application was almost as quick, but probably two days more, but still a great improvement on previous years. The only surprise I have is that they seem to have informed you that the visa has been approved, although in my wife's case, all they advised is that the process had been completed - although as expected, they had approved her visa.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^^ DB. I stand corrected I have a mail which says that the passport and paperwork can be collected. However having been refused a visa a few years ago the wording is very different.

Now you have me concerned....but I could not have supported the application better, other than giving them the necessary funds in advance. I provided far more supporting evidence than now requested.

I'll let you know after she collects "whatever" on Thursday. Fingers crossed for the next couple of days I guess.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

you can't take a bargirl out of thailand. uk no want. no reason to come back. can make 10,000 baht for same same boom boom in London.

bargirl no good. girl need big money in bank, big job, big house, then wait one year. have proof you know her that long. photo. you put big money up if she not come back. say good bye big money.

thai lady see first world no come back.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^^ not sure how to take your post so I will assume that it's in jest and not a reference to my wife.

On that assumption, I agree, it's the perception and risk that a lady from Thailand, or wherever, might want to stay and claim benefits. I could not give my wife enough money to stay in the UK. Happy to visit but after 2 weeks much happier to return home.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Bristolian wrote:^^ DB. I stand corrected I have a mail which says that the passport and paperwork can be collected. However having been refused a visa a few years ago the wording is very different.

Now you have me concerned....but I could not have supported the application better, other than giving them the necessary funds in advance. I provided far more supporting evidence than now requested.

I'll let you know after she collects "whatever" on Thursday. Fingers crossed for the next couple of days I guess.
It sounds very much like the same as for my wife so I'm sure you'll get the same positive outcome. Good luck
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^^ about 4 years ago we applied and were initially refused a visa. I then went through the normal escalation procedures and actually received an apology from the British Embassy for the way that the agency handled the application. We collected the visa from the embassy with a personal apology. Unfortunately it had been necessary to postpone the holiday with the resultant cancellation fees for hotels and car hire.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

JamesWest wrote:you can't take a bargirl out of thailand. uk no want. no reason to come back. can make 10,000 baht for same same boom boom in London.

bargirl no good. girl need big money in bank, big job, big house, then wait one year. have proof you know her that long. photo. you put big money up if she not come back. say good bye big money.

thai lady see first world no come back.
Yes, I do hope you are just being sarcastic. Otherwise, what a plonker you really are!
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Dannie Boy wrote:
Bristolian wrote:^^ DB. I stand corrected I have a mail which says that the passport and paperwork can be collected. However having been refused a visa a few years ago the wording is very different.

It sounds very much like the same as for my wife so I'm sure you'll get the same positive outcome. Good luck
My wife collected her visa today and all was in order (it was actually ready yesterday). The whole process from application to actually getting the visa was only 8/9 days.....Excellent Service and a vast improvement on my previous experience :D
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Same experience as we had and agreed, the service is much better than in previous years. A few days later, we received an email questionnaire asking us to comment onthe process - we obviously gave a very high score!!