Retirement visa wih US passport question

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
JimmyD
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Retirement visa wih US passport question

Post by JimmyD »

Sorry to belabor the point but please confirm that I should be able to get a 30 day visa on arrival in BKK with my US passport. Or do I have to go to Phnom Penh and visit the Thai Embassy there to get some kind of temporary visa prior to flying back to Don Muang airport in BKK. I would really prefer not to do that. Thank you again.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

You should be stamped in for 30 days on your arrival back here.
What do you then intend to do? Apply internally for a further 90 day stay and then annual extension? That's possible as long as you have at least 15 days of your 30 left. You'll need to prove income/savings and so on to get the 90 days and then go through the same process again to get the annual extension.
Looking back at the thread, Imm have already told you that this is a possible way to go.
JimmyD
Amateur
Amateur

Post by JimmyD »

Yes... I understand. I was also told this by HH immigration. However, given that BKK immigration last month gave me a 1 year extension by mistake, which then resulted in my current 'overstay' status (combined with my misunderstanding last year when they extended my stay 1 year after my return), I just want to make sure what I was told by HH immigration is correct and completely understood by me. Thank you very much for your help.