Visa suggestions please

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Visa suggestions please

Post by migrant »

Sorry all, visa issues leave me scratching my many gray hairs. Tax law is easy, visa's for Thailand :banghead:

We will be heading back in mid October 2015 to Thailand
mid January 2016 head back to US until mid April 2016
Then planning each year mid January to Mid April in the states

Plan on some outside of Thailand travel while in country
I'm 58, married (in the states, not Thailand) to a Thai woman

Dates are fairly flexible so if we go mid Oct 90 days (seems like a magic number) gets me to January. Our return in April then maybe a yearly visa?

Sorry for the dense head when it comes to visas, I looked at many back posts but still not sure, perhaps our resident guru's need to explain to me with crayons :oops:

Thanks!! :cheers: :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Visa suggestions please

Post by hhfarang »

I still suggest you get a non imm OA (for reason of retirement) in the U.S. with multiple entries. Then you don't have to worry about anything other than 90 day reporting for a year after your first entry in October. That is the most hassle free way to go imho.

However, you may be too late. I would contact the nearest Thai consulate or embassy asap to see how long it takes and find out if it can be accomplished by October. Mine took just under 2 months (that was 11 years ago in Miami so anything could be different now).
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I was just reading on the Los Angeles Thai Consulate web site and you may only be able to get a type O 90 day visa there that you will have to extend inside Thailand. If that's the case I'd do that and go to immigration there to extend it to a year before you leave to come back to the U.S.

I would call them to see what your options are and I would still go for the 1 year retirement OA before you leave if available and if it can be done in time. That's what I did and I had no immigration hassles after that. Just did my 90 days and my annual extension for ten years. No fiddling about changing visa types or anything.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks HHF

I was thinking if I got the one year it would expire every October, whereas if I could do 90 days and get the one year in January, then it would coincide with my trips back to the states. But guess it really doesn't matter

Thanks!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.