Yellow book, blue book

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
SPONSORS: Chavalit & Partners : AA Insurance
Norseman

Re: Yellow book, blue book

Post by Norseman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:05 pm

And when you finally have received your yellow book and Thai ID card, and then move away from Pratchuap to another province, it's a piece of cake to get a new yellow book and ID card registered in your new province.

SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:25 pm

lomuamart wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:05 pm
Yeah, certified translations are normally needed for Embassies - ie of a Thai marriage certificate.
Lots of great answers, but causing some confusion. (to me any way)

If the US Embassy will not certify a "True Copy" of any document, who do I get to certify my passport? They say on their website "Notarial services we cannot provide include;
Authentication of Vital Records, Academic, Commercial or Other Credentials Issued in the U.S.
Certification of True Copies of Documents
Signature (or “Medallion”) Guarantees"

You can sign an affidavit and attest that you say the document is true under oath, but they will not say the same. Will MFA accept this affidavit?

Can I just go to MFA with original and copies of 1) My Passport 2) My marriage certificate (Both us are US Citizens/ non Thai) 3) Details of my deceased parents? Have someone downstairs at MFA certify the documents as "True Copy" and translate the documents. And then I send them along to MFA for their stamp of approval. Bring everything back to Tessebahn and await my yellow book and ID card?

This sounds to simple for TIT, so it probably will not work.

Thanks
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:19 pm

It's not so much certification of a true copy, but the official Thai translation authenticated by your embassy that the MFA get fussy about.
League 1 - Plymouth Argyle....0 Oxford....4 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Points 14; Position 23

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:21 pm

I basically went to the British Embassy, told them what I was trying to do, and handed them all of the documentation, which they duly handed straight back, and said they had to do it.
League 1 - Plymouth Argyle....0 Oxford....4 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Points 14; Position 23

404cameljockey
Guru
Guru

Post by 404cameljockey » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:04 pm

To recap from the above, it seems that the US and UK embassies with make a translation into Thai of your passport or marriage certificate, and 'certify it as a true translation'?

Or not? Because I know that neither will 'certify as a true copy' a photocopy of an original document issued by the UK or US government, but tell you to send it to your home country (I think because they can't verify that the original document you present to them is true and not bogus). The US embassy will do it if for purposes to do with government services (e.g. to issue an ITIN number) but not for other purposes.

NIghtmare!