Yellow book, blue book

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Yellow book, blue book

Post by bsdk1960 »

so anyone have some knw if its posible to get a thai id card and how if you have a yellow book ,im on a 1 years cat. O visa ?

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Thanks BB,I did read this link, but did not read it good enough or I missunderstood it :oops:

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I hope you can benefit from my mistakes :thumb:

A small update, to date the Yellow Book has stayed locked away, and has served no purpose whatsoever. The ID card has been used multiple times for all manner of purposes e.g.:

- Checking into hotels
- Internal flights
- Booking/boarding Pattaya ferry.
- Proof of ID at bank
- Currency exchange
- Entry to Kuiburi National Park (they weren't interested in Thai driving licence any more)
- I could go on, but believe me it has been useful - basically, anywhere internally that you might need to present your passport.

Believe me, it can be fun to be asked for my passport, and when I say they can have my ID card, they start explaining that it has to be a passport until they see it's Thai.

Points 41; Position 18
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: RE: Re: Yellow book, blue book

Post by huahin4ever »

Big Boy wrote:I hope you can benefit from my mistakes :thumb:

A small update, to date the Yellow Book has stayed locked away, and has served no purpose whatsoever. The ID card has been used multiple times for all manner of purposes e.g.:

- Checking into hotels
- Internal flights
- Proof of ID at bank
- Currency exchange
- Entry to Kuiburi National Park (they weren't interested in Thai driving licence any more)
- I could go on, but believe me it has been useful - basically, anywhere internally that you might need to present your passport.

Believe me, it can be fun to be asked for my passport, and when I say they can have my ID card, they start explaining that it has to be a passport until they see it's Thai.
Much the same you can use the Thai driving license for......
YNWA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Basically correct, with the exception of getting into Kuiburi National Park last week they have been told not to accept the Thai driving licence. They did accept my ID card.

However, much easier/less risk when carrying my ID card. Fits nicely into a slot in my wallet. Much easier (and a lot cheaper) to replace my ID Card if lost/damaged.

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Big Boy wrote:I hope you can benefit from my mistakes :thumb:

- Checking into hotels
- Internal flights
- Proof of ID at bank
- Currency exchange

Thanks again BB for your always helpful post ,and that goes for most member in here to.
I think my quistion was wrong since I already have the yellow book and would obtain the ID card.
Before I was on a tourist visa but now on a cat.O visa.
So of to Tessabahn today and brought my my yellow book,passport with valid visa with a copy of everything ,they didnt ask for the marige certifikat ,but who knows .
Finish after 20 min. and 60 baht poorer of we went with my new ID card 8)

Dual pricing bye bye I hope :laugh:

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well done, despite what some might think, the ID Card has it's uses.

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Well the more I can put in the Thai faces ,the better

SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

Can the "Translation Company" 1) Make a "True Copy" of your passport and then 2) Translate the True Copy? My Embassy (US Embassy) Bangkok says on the website they do not offer True Copies of documents. What do I do or what do I ask for?
Can someone recommend a Translator that the Tessebahn will accept? Doesn't matter where they are, Hua Hin or Bangkok.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

You can have documents translated and certified at most lawyers, the police will also certify the document as a true copy.
You could try Chavalit, Hua Hin Legal (Makro) or Pranburi Law, or Kunavut Law
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

StevePIraq wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:46 pm You can have documents translated and certified at most lawyers, the police will also certify the document as a true copy.
You could try Chavalit, Hua Hin Legal (Makro) or Pranburi Law, or Kunavut Law
Will the Tessebhan accept these as True Certified Copies in regard to a Yellow Book?
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Ask the Tessebahn
Just why do the Tessabaan need a certified copy as they deal in Thai. Immigration, driving license, banks all accept a Thai copy, uncertified.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Yeah, certified translations are normally needed for Embassies - ie of a Thai marriage certificate.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

When I did my Yellow Book, I went to the expense of getting everything copied/translated in advance. British Embassy were not interested - it was their copy or nothing. That is also what the MFA insisted on. Copies without MFA endorsement would not be acceptable to the Tessebahn.

Points 41; Position 18