Another (sorry) visa question

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
lomuamart

Re: Another (sorry) visa question

Post by lomuamart »

Get it at Imm in HH. It's very easy. You need, you, your passport, the required form completed, a passport photo and the fee.
There is a re-entry permit desk at Swampy airport and I have got one there before but only because I had to rush back to the UK and I simply didn't have the time go get one locally. I think the desk is open until midnight which could be a problem depending on your flight time but in any case I'd always advise getting one here rather than take a small chance of the airport desk not being open for whatever reason. If you then exit without the permit you lose the extension and will have to start all over again with a new Non Imm visa.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

migrant wrote:Thanks!!
Lomuamart, you mention a re-entry permit, do you get that at the airport on return? Or do you enter, and go, to immigration?Thanks!!
Get it at Immigration at the same time as you get your extension. Considering the hassle involved to obtain the original visa, you should consider it as insurance, because you never know just when you may have to leave at short notice.

Have a serious accident and have to have a medevac out, or a sudden family problem overseas, and the last thing that you will think about is a re-entry permit. You will be asked for a departure date and a reason. What ever you dream up will suffice, such as visiting relatives, Christmas, or what ever. It is never checked, just give them the money!

Also note that it is only good up to the date of your permission to stay. Next time you extend you will need a new one, or if you use a single entry, then you will also need a new one after re-entry.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks! I truly appreciate the help!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.