None Imm. O visa based on married to a thai

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

None Imm. O visa based on married to a thai

Post by bsdk1960 »

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before, but need a little help, and if you can please in simpel english if possible :oops:

I'll try go this road now the double and trible TV is history and since the Thai Embassy in Dk isn't so helpfull I try and ask the qustion here.

Me and my wife is legally married in Thailand and it's clarified in DK,so all good so far I hope

This time I only need a single visa which should give me 90 day.

I just read on another thread that Lommou was speaking about a 60 days extension,is that possible and do you need to leave the country and how much is it ?

Thai Embassy in Dk say I must bring a bank statement that show that I can take care myself, but don't mention any amount,to show in the airport imm.when I arrive,how much and is a copy off my bankbook enough or do I need something special from my bank ?

Do I need something from my work which is no problem if needed ?

Thanks in advance and see you in december :sun: :sun:

:cheers: :cheers:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: None Imm. O visa based on married to a thai

Post by Takiap »

I'm not sure if they issue 90 day "marriage" based visas, but for the 1 year visa you need 400K or more in the bank or proof that you earn 40K or more per month.

For a 60 day extension from local immigration in Hua-Hin you don't need to show any money, you only need your passport; your house book with a copy of the page that shows your wife lives there; a copy of her ID card and your marriage certificate plus one copy.

I just got a 60 day extension last month. :D
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I have no experience of the Embassy in Copenhagen but you should be able to get a Non Immigrant O visa (the O stands for "other") on the basis of being married to a Thai national.
Those visas are either single or multiple entry. The former allows you one visit of 90 days. The latter gives you unlimited entries of 90 days as long as the visa remains valid.
Once you're here, you can apply for an annual extension to the O visa. Again on the basis of marriage to a Thai national. At that stage, you'll need to prove funds (either income or savings). Imm also allow a 60 day extension to the O visa as Takiab has explained above.
What route you go down will depend on how long you want to stay here. If permanently, then the annual extension will be the best bet but the 60 day extension is also available especially if you need some extra time to sort your finances out.
I'm not aware of Imm at the airport asking to see proof of finances although it is written in law. 20k THB for a single person or 40k THB per family. You're more likely to be asked about funds to live here when you board the plane in Denmark.
I hope that makes sense. Just remember that your visa is a separate "job" to any extension you may get afterwards.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

thank you guys much apreciate it,make sence now and I will go for the single entry this time,and was just curios about the extension as I sometimes stay 4-6 month in Thailand.

:cheers: :cheers: