Mutual agreement divorce

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Mutual agreement divorce

Post by hhinner »

^^ Actually the registry function belongs to the Bureau of Registration Administration (BORA) and I suppose they can place their offices anywhere they like.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

TO do a mutual agreement divorce it is the ampur on bypass road that registers it, my friend did it last month, took about 30 minutes
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just to clarify, there are two amphurs. The one on the bypass which has been there for years and the one behind the police station. They both (as far as I know) carry out identical functions.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm not doubting you because TIT, but unless they have a really top notch IT system/network, it must be an administrative nightmare.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Mutual agreement divorce

Post by hhinner »

I think registry functions are pretty well computerised. Unlike the old days when you had to go to the original amphur to get a copy of anything you can pretty much do it anywhere in the country now. Thais used to have to go back to their home district or municipality to renew their ID cards, now they can do that anywhere too. So administratively it's not that bad.

Other government departments are similarly catching up to the 20th century, e.g. you can do your yearly car tax in any province nowadays.

If only the Hua Hin amphur had a website it would be so much easier to know what's where (maybe it does but I couldn't find it). The tessaban has a website, which isn't totally brilliant, but at least there is one.

One day immigration might get rid of its mountains of paper too. :)

Must have a look for the amphur office next time I'm walking around the police station area.