Transferring visa to new passport

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Re: Transferring visa to new passport

Post by Don East Stand »

Guys, thanks for the replies to my question regarding coming back to Thailand with my new passport, but with my visa and re-entry permit in the old passport, ..... so ...... it would seem that when I come back to Thailand I should arrange for the visa to be transferred from my old passport to my new passport.

So when I approach immigration at Suvarnabhumi airport what do I present, the old passport with the corners cut off, albeit with the visa and the re-entry permit in it, or give them the new blank passport, or indeed give them both? Did I read somewhere that it was against the law to try and use an old passport?

Perhaps stretching things a bit, but would immigration at Suvarnabhumi transfer the visa to the new passport?

Once again your help and advice would be welcomed.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
limbu

Post by limbu »

I gave the airport immigration both old and new passport. I doubt they would transfer the visa even if you asked. Best is to contact quickly the immigration office in Hua Hin, as I did. 30 minutes and the transfer was done.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I have entered Australia with my resident visa in an old passport and a new valid passport, there was no problem. Thailand may be different, why not ask the Thai Consulate in the country you are in.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

Guys, thanks for the help and advice on this.

No problems at all ...... Arrived back at Suvarnabhumi gave old and new passport to Immigration, and he stamped the new passport with my current visa expiry date.

Picked up form from British embassy, no charge.

Filled the form out and copied a lot of pages from old passport along with the the one in new passport and the "picture" page. Visa transferred this morning, cost 500 baht.

All straight forward, at least that part!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: