ED internship visa

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Jofawa
Rookie
Rookie

ED internship visa

Post by Jofawa »

Hello,

Im doing my internship here in Hua hin and I have a problem. My internships ends on the 9th of April and my ED visa expires on the 13th of April. My flight leaves first on the 6th of May. So I need a tourist visa för the remaining time. Is it possible to get that in the Hua hin office of immigration? Or do I need to go to Bangkok? Or border jump?

Best regards

Johan
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: ED internship visa

Post by Pleng »

Somebody more confident than me will need to confirm, but I'm pretty sure you'll need to do a border jump.

Although... it's not the expiry date of the visa itself that you need to be concerned about - assuming you had a single entry visa then that expired as soon as you entered the country. You need to be looking at the date that your permit to stay expires; which is the date that was stamped into your passport when you arrived. That probably is the date you're referring to in your question, but it does catch some people out.
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

Yes, I think exiting the country is the only option. I don't think you can do a land crossing anymore unless you have an unused visa - like it used to be a double entry visa and you would use the second entry. Flying out and back in again will give a 30 day visa exempt entry. Make sure you have a copy of your 6th May flight ticket to show you are not staying in the country in case they question you.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

All you'll need to do is cross a border and return to get a visa exempt 30 day stamp and that'll cover you. These 30 day entries are still very much available at land borders, it's just that Imm now start asking questions if you've already had a lot of them.
As has already been advised, make sure the date of 13th April is the last day you're permitted to stay here (you might get a pleasant surprise) and take your flight ticket with you in case you're asked any questions at the border which I very much doubt you will be.
Jofawa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jofawa »

Thanks for all the answers :) Yeah my visa stamp says 13th April, so no pleasant surprise there :/