Laos lady compling with 30 day stay

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
surferdave
Amateur
Amateur

Laos lady compling with 30 day stay

Post by surferdave »

Hi, i have a Laos fiancee, she visits me, stays 28days then returns to nong khai, crosses the bridge to laos then returns.
Now i live in Pranburi this is quite a drg forher every month.
Before we lived in nong khai, now i have been here 5months.

Is it possible for her being a laos citizen to merely cross the border at singkon near kiri khan get her passport stamped and return on the same day.
When we stayed in sisaket she was able to do this by crossing and returning from cambodia.
We do intend to take a trip down to singkhon and ask at the border before she legally has to leave.

I appreciate this is not a farang visa query so maybe no one knows the answer, but no harm in asking.
Many thanks.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: laos lady compling with 30 day stay

Post by dtaai-maai »

I'd be surprised, but I suggest you call the Thai Immigration helpline number 1111 - decent English and reliable advice in my experience. No need to mention gender or relationship - just 'a friend visiting from Laos'...
This is the way
surferdave
Amateur
Amateur

Re: laos lady compling with 30 day stay

Post by surferdave »

Ok thanks for that, she is a bit wary of speaking to any burmese officials b,cos she says they don,t speak thai, but at the cambodian border there was no problem, b,cos she is laos, not the same as farang, she can rightfully come to thailand no visa needed, but only allowed to stay for 1 month.
Then she has to leave and come back again same day.
She has a sister and daughter living in thailand so immigration allways happy to let her visit.
I just want to know if they have the same facility as cambodia, bearing in mind she is from a asean country not requiring a visa.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Laos lady compling with 30 day stay

Post by Pleng »

As far as I'm aware, that crossing is open to Lao & Thai nationals only.

Is your finacee able to apply for a tourist visa whilst in Laos?
And is she eligible for the 30 day extensions at Hua Hin Immigration that a lot of us farrang make use of? - 1900bt to extend either a 30 day exempt stamp, or a 60 day tourist visa stamp for an additional 30 days.
surferdave
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Laos lady compling with 30 day stay

Post by surferdave »

Ok phleng, thx for that,,we will take a trip to singhon first and talk to them.