Thai Passport Offices - Locations in Bangkok

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My wife has to go to Bangkok in a few weeks time to collect her UK Passport. While there, we want to arrange renewal of her Thai Passport. So what I am looking for is the nearest Thai Passport Office to Trendy Building on Sukhumvit Soi 13.

I've tried looking the information up, but it seems Thai Passport Offices open and close at great frequency.

So, what I'm ideally looking for is a Thai Passport Office located somewhere between Trendy Building and Suvarnabhumi Airport, which is known to be open at the moment. Other locations in Bangkok will also be useful.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Maybe Tanya Park on Sri Nakharin? consular service
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Thanyapark.com
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Re: Thai Passport Offices - Locations in Bangkok

Post by VincentD »

Go to the Department of Consular Affairs on Chaengwattana Road, the entrance is just after the entrance to the Government Complex. Think if you go in the morning you could have your passport by the afternoon. They will offer a postal service if you cannot pick it up in person.
GPS coords: 13.8895841, 100.5674007
Look it up on Google maps.
Parking is free, a bit of a hassle but patience is your friend.
วินเชนท์
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Chaengwattana Road is in the completely opposite direction to Swampy Airport. Thanya Park is on the way from the center of Bangkok. It has only been open a year or so, so I doubt that it is closed already.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ The Tanya Park opened when the Bangna branch at the Central shopping complex closed late 2014 or early 2015. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

prcscct wrote:^ The Tanya Park opened when the Bangna branch at the Central shopping complex closed late 2014 or early 2015. Pete
Yes, spot on and you are not even a Thai! :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Look like Thanya/Tanya Park it is then - thank you very much guys.

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Nereus wrote:
prcscct wrote:^ The Tanya Park opened when the Bangna branch at the Central shopping complex closed late 2014 or early 2015. Pete
Yes, spot on and you are not even a Thai! :rasta:
Was at the Bangna office a few times in the past as both parents must show themselves and sign. Luckily there's an office in Pattaya now for future use. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

My daughter renewed her Thai Passport at Cheang Wattana in January. Parked right outside front door,in and out in less than 30 minutes. Passport arrived home by EMS 4 days later.
Believe that all Passports are now sent out by EMS unless you pay extra for same day collect service.
Know not the location BB wants but had to mention how good the service was.Even good food and coffee in the food court while you are waiting.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Yes, not in the direction of Swampy but a lot closer and quite conveniently located at the expressway entrance/ exit. Have never liked faffing around the traffic in Sukhumvit so perhaps a matter of personal choice and have used other places before (with both wife and kids so I am the one fighting the traffic, finding a place to park..) but still find this one the best all round.
วินเชนท์
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I actually don't mind driving in Bangkok traffic (I actually find it a lot easier than Hua Hin's Petchkasem fiasco, and have done it many times), but the corrupt Bangkok BIB have made me vow only to drive there if there is absolutely no alternative. Therefore, I will get an Airport Bus followed by taxis within Bangkok before returning via the Airport. Hence my request for an office somewhere between Sukhumvit 13 and Suvarnabhumi.

Had I been driving, the Cheang Wattana office sounds perfect. Thank you for the suggestion.

I hate liars, and to have a stupid BIB stand there and spout absolute rubbish about an offence I am supposed to have committed (last time I was stopped I'm supposed to have been tracked from Hua Hin to Bangkok driving on the hard shoulder :? ). They always seem to believe the lies they are spouting. I'd rather sit back on the bus and enjoy a good movie.

Points 41; Position 18
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Ah, sorry BB. Assumed you'd be driving.
วินเชนท์
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, the day is getting close. I've been reading the various web pages, and I can't find any reference to needing an application form for renewal. It's basically old passport, Tabien Bahn, fee and ID card if applying in Thailand.

Can somebody please confirm that I'm not missing something?

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Should be no need for tabien bahn but does no harm to have handy. This PDF explains evething, in Thai.