Border jump/visa run

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
lomuamart

Re: Border jump/visa run

Post by lomuamart »

The confusion might arise because a few years ago, certain consulates in the region were refusing to give another tourist visa if the one previous had been extended.
Don't ask me the reason for that because I could never fathom it and AFAIA it dosn't happen any more.
The extension of a tourist visa has never prejudiced a 30 day entry. The only exception to that that I can see is if your passport already is full of TVs and 30 day entries. Then Imm may wonder what you're doing here.
mudcat
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Sv: Re: Borderjump

Post by mudcat »

Ralfredo wrote:
mudcat wrote:Sweden =15-days but Italy = 30-days.
And the logic behind this is? TIT?
The Group of Seven is a self-appointed group of significant economies who began meeting in 1985 to coordinate policies - members are U.S. Canada, UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Japan.

Why the Thai chose this group to extend an additional 15-days at land borders is a mystery when there are many other countries who are equally worthy. The other main groups which could have been considered, OECD, at thirty-four members was probably seen as too inclusive, and the permanent members of the UN Security Council (the Group of Seven minus Japan and Germany) was too 'exclusive'.

steve
mudcat
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Border jump/visa run

Post by mudcat »

Oops - the Security Council foolishly dropped Canada and included USSR (now Russia), which probably gave the Thais qualms.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Sv: Re: Sv: Re: Borderjump

Post by Ralfredo »

mudcat wrote:
Ralfredo wrote:
mudcat wrote:Sweden =15-days but Italy = 30-days.
And the logic behind this is? TIT?
The Group of Seven is a self-appointed group of significant economies who began meeting in 1985 to coordinate policies - members are U.S. Canada, UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Japan.
Thanks! Didn't know that.