Hua Hin Immigration Without Electricity?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Hua Hin Immigration Without Electricity?

Post by Big Boy »

I'm reading on social media (so unsubstantiated) that Hua Hin Immigration are without electricity - not due to be restored until later today. If you are planning a visit, it might be worth leaving it for a day.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Re: Hua Hin Immigration Without Electricity?

Post by PeteC »

I would think today, Monday and Tuesday are big days ahead of the Songkran break. If true today about the electricity, Monday and Tuesday may be huge days in terms of visitors. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I went this morning, not being 100% certain about their opening hours next week - although as predicted by Pete, they are open on Monday and Tuesday. I didn't get there until about 10.15 and sure enough there was no electricity but they were giving out pre-printed tickets. The number before mine had just been called out when the electric came back on, so they converted the ticket you had to a new machine generated ticket. I had visions of it descending into chaos, but fair dues, I was first in the queue when the machine number was called and all in, there wasn't that much of a delay if any, from a "normal" day at immigration. Being a Friday it was fairly busy and no doubt it will be the same next Mon/Tue and then the same again the following week.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, I warned people because I assumed with everything being computerised these days, they wouldn't be able to operate. Full marks to them if the could put a Plan B into action.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

I was there when the electricity went out. They knew what to do and did it. A woman with a voice loud enough to cut through the buzzing foreigners conversations told us what to do. We were to continue waiting, except for those who needed copies or photos. Directions given to locations where one could get either was 'on the main road'.