Whingeing Brit at immigration

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Whingeing Brit at immigration

Post by dtaai-maai »

I went to get my first 12-month Retirement extension this morning. Predictably busy, but all in all a 2 1/2 hour wait from start to finish wasn't too bad.

The reason for my post however, is a rant :cuss: . Having dealt with Immigration for 13 years, I'm familiar with the routine. Get my ticket, get my photocopies (if necessary, which it usually is...), fill in the form (if I haven't printed it out on my PC, which I hadn't), and then wait patiently for my number to come up.

There was a long queue for photocopies, and behind me was a Brit muttering, effing and blinding about how awful everything was. I studiously ignored him. At one point an Asian gentleman joined the queue behind him and I heard the brit say (sort of to himself) "Don't even think about jumping the queue". I studiously ignored him. Besides, the queue was a very orderly affair, no need to panic.

Mrs D-M took my place after a while, so I could take the (substantial) weight off and fill in my form. When I looked up, I saw the diminutive, muttering Brit being dealt with before Mrs D-M. Apparently he had said to her that as I was still filling in my form, his need was greater than ours and he should go first. She declined, but he insisted, explaining that he had lived in Thailand a long time and knew how things worked. She said she had lived in Thailand longer... However, being a sensible lass, she didn't see the point in causing a fuss, so she gave way.

When she told me about this, I called out something along the lines of "What about no queue jumping?" He said I should do my homework before coming to Immigration. This was a cue for a pointless argument, which I ignored. I'm posting this in the hope that the person in question is a member of the forum, for I have a message for him.

"You sir are a hypocrite, a tosser and a twat of the first order. You are a classic example of the type of farang who thinks he knows Thailand, but actually understands nothing. You are the reason the rest of us occasionally get lumped in with your ilk as rude, arrogant, impatient and generally unpleasant to be around. You wouldn't have dreamed of jumping the queue if I'd still been ahead of you - you took advantage of a kind-hearted woman who would probably have let you move ahead of her if you'd explained your problem and asked nicely. That makes you a despicable bully into the bargain."

End of message. :rant:
This is the way
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Re: Whingeing Brit

Post by splitlid »

Did he have a bald head, tattoos and a singha vest :?
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Whingeing Brit

Post by Felipesed1 »

He is more likely to be found on ThaiVisa forum!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

splitlid wrote:Did he have a bald head, tattoos and a singha vest :?
No, the exact opposite. Littlish guy mid-late 60s, short-sleeved shirt and smart shorts. Wouldn't normally give him a second look.
This is the way
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

Find it odd. He says 'he knows how things work' and 'you should do your homework' before going to immigration yet he is the queue for copying.

Looks like he was not so smart as he thought he was.
pharvey

Re:

Post by pharvey »

dalmatiandave wrote:Looks like he was not so smart as he thought he was.
These type of people never are are they?
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

lots of people in the world use the English language how do you know he is a brit you using the word twat I take it your a brit from northern England now you have made the point all brits are twats
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

stretch wrote:lots of people in the world use the English language how do you know he is a brit you using the word twat I take it your a brit from northern England now you have made the point all brits are twats
If you're British then 99.9% you will know whether somebody speaking English is a Brit or not. As to the guy being a twat (or not) is derived from somebody's behaviour, not a stereotype classification.
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

then you should know if you said he was Asian your remarks all called racist
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

stretch wrote:then you should know if you said he was Asian your remarks all called racist
Read the post again. :roll:
This is the way
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

being a brit you should know your not allowed to call any body paki indian black short fat bald its seen as racist
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

stretch wrote:being a brit you should know your not allowed to call any body paki indian black short fat bald its seen as racist
Oh good God, get a life....... :roll: or was that tongue in cheek.....

Anywho DM - I've been there may times myself... more so in China. We really do have our Muppets - I'm sure "stretch's" country has it's own also!! :wink: :laugh:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

love it thank god for free speech
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

stretch wrote:love it thank god for free speech
Speech is free, and so is the use of punctuation.
This is the way
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

its a wind up pal get a life