Immigration asking for more info from foreigners

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Re: Immigration asking for more info from foreigners

Post by centermid7 »

^^ I LOVE the chest beating!

Take it to court? 555
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

They already know the bank account, DO NOT FILL THE FORM
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I'm not 'chest beating'. Why do people think they have to roll over each time. I have, through my lawyer, threatened an action against the police before and they backed down with a full apology. There is right and wrong and if 'they' are wrong then fight it.

And how come they have your bank account details. They certainly don't have mine!
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

no bank account no car no bike no money never go out no friends can I go to the police Christmas party please
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

HHTel wrote:I'm not 'chest beating'. Why do people think they have to roll over each time. I have, through my lawyer, threatened an action against the police before and they backed down with a full apology. There is right and wrong and if 'they' are wrong then fight it.

And how come they have your bank account details. They certainly don't have mine!
Fill 'yer boots! is what I say. You da man!

You and Lawyer Daggett are going to have a field day with this! No windmill will be safe.

I ( and we ) will look forward to you full report of litigation and fillings and whatever. Don't back down now. Give us all the details. Bold talk only goes so far. Thump 'yer chest while you are at it.

I have no "bank account details" and thus they "certainly don't have mine!". Really mate? - are you a complete W . . . . ?

You are one of the funniest posters on this forum. 555

Cheers!
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

^
:?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Only last year, the cabinet approved draft bills for a Data Protection Act and Privacy Laws. (Although not law yet).
K-Bank says that they will not divulge bank details to anyone without a subpoena/court order. Exceptions are if someone is under police investigation or to government departments according to the law.
This was the 'idea' and initiative of ONE guy. It hasn't been approved by the cabinet or government. It's not the first time that someone has fallen off their high horse after 'higher-ups' have put them in their place.

Let's see!
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Chazz14 wrote:Did my latest 90 day run to HH Immi. today - the Big Brother Form was not mentioned....
Nor was it for me, today.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Nor Online, same as ever.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Renewed my visa last week, and there was no mention of it. I think that some ex-pat websites (particularly the supposed most popular one) are very much into a bit of scaremongering as it keeps up the views and posts (and advertising revenue)...

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

One thing additionally they are cracking down on is the 24 hour reporting after returning to the country, and the house owner report at least once to establish it as where you stay when here. The 24 hour report is a simple one page form like the 90 day report with tear off bottom as receipt. The house owner is a bit more detailed and has to be accompanied by a copy of the blue book and owners ID card, both of these signed by the owner along with the form. Not necessary for the owner to appear, just fill it out and anyone can deliver it.

First time ever that I've been asked to do it happened a week ago in Rayong. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Further to above.......the way they know if you have done it or not is when you go for a 90 day report. If no computer record of a 24 and house owner report, you get a warning you'll be fined next time (800-2000 Baht...varies with mood) and you have to fill out what you can on the spot, and return with the rest the next day.

To clarify, they are enforcing it in Rayong now and they never have before, and I've read in Bangkok, Phuket and Korat as well. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Ouch!!! I asked at Hua Hin Immigration before, and they said definitely NOT required. [Edit] Missed the NOT in original post.

I guess I'll find out next week. Its visa renewal day, and i flew back into the country last Saturday - haven't reported. I'll report what, if anything is said.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ I would report you just got back to HH the day before after being in Bangkok since coming back into Thailand.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Fyi, the form for 24 hour reporting is TM 28. Form for House Master is TM 30. Can download in advance:

http://www.imm.police.go.th/nov2004/en/ ... e=download