Immigration asking for more info from foreigners

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Wazza
Novice
Novice

Re: Immigration asking for more info from foreigners

Post by Wazza »

I completed my Non Imm O - Retirement the other day in Udon Thani and was requested to complete the said form, it wasn't even checked when I handed it back and just placed on a pile of other desecrated Amazon Forest by-products.

Others in the office that day weren't requested to complete.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No additional information requested at Hua Hin Immigration earlier this week.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

DI my 90 day ™-47 and no mention of additional questions. In and out in 10 minutes.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Did my 90 day checkin yesterday, no additional information requested. Arrived at 1:27pm, completed the process and walked out the door less than 5 minutes later. I'd intended to do the Internet checkin this time, but when I went online I discovered I needed to submit my online request NO LESS THAN 7 days before my checkin due date. It was only 5 days before my due date so I went in person instead. There is only an 8 day window for doing the online checkin as it must be submitted NO EARLIER THAN 15 days and NO LESS THAN 7 days from your due date.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Did my 90 day yesterday. In and out in 5 and no mention of extra info. So I asked the lady as to why. "Some offices are asking especially Phuket but Hua Hin decided not to do it." I asked her that if I went to one of these immigration offices, could I refuse to fill in the extra forms? "Of course. It's not immigration law!"

So back to the idea of one man with too much gold braid on his uniform and thinks he can make his own laws.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

the new staff at the hua hin is much more helpful than the old staff of 6 months ago. they're more relaxed, maybe it's the t-shirts instead of the stiff uniforms, they now smile and laugh. maybe getting rid of that nazi at the first desk to the left of the ticket machine helped. at any rate it's now pleasant instead of aggravating.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

maybe getting rid of that nazi at the first desk to the left of the ticket machine helped.
I am surprised that somebody has not snotted the ignorant **ick before now!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

This thing is back and per the article is the real deal and will be used everywhere.

Thailand rolls out ‘intrusive’ immigration form nationwide to help ‘catch foreigners faster’

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/06/ ... tion-form/
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

prcscct wrote:This thing is back and per the article is the real deal and will be used everywhere.

Thailand rolls out ‘intrusive’ immigration form nationwide to help ‘catch foreigners faster’

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/06/ ... tion-form/
Reported by that other forum - news provider (who shall not be named)
We know how reliable they are as a source....Let's see
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Look at the source.........

Quote....The form, which up until now was only used in certain areas, “is being rolled out nationwide”, reported ThaiVisa News on Wednesday.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Asian Correspondent is usually a reliable source. Even TV will get it right sometimes.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

practice saying this in English:

"No have."
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

And only last week HH Immigration said that it wouldn't happen here and it wasn't immigration requirement.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Of course it's extremely silly, but I refuse to get het up about such things until they actually happen. They usually don't.
This is the way
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Among the information the form asks “aliens” to submit are:

Full name, date of birth, and passport number

You got that already. See? Look here on paper. And in your thing called a computer. On your desk. In front of you. Close Facebook page. The password is Admin 12345. See? The same one you look at year after year.

Full names of father and mother

I'm a Alien. Spock and T’Pring.

Full address and telephone numbers in home country

I live in Thailand now. No have. Wait. 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500

and this address:
1000 Colonial Farm Road McLean, Virginia 22101.

Full address and telephone numbers of residence and workplace in Thailand

OK. Again you already have. Look paper. Look computer. No work. I save money. For future.

Social media accounts and email address (optional)

No have. But I just bought a selfie stick so give me a few days, OK?

Make of car/motorcycle, as well as its model, color, and license plate number

OK. No problem. Funny you can't just push a button on your computer and ask the Dept of Dangerous Transportation for that info.

Frequently visited places such as clubs, restaurants, shops, hospital

I visit Immigration four times a year. Does that count?
This is where the Hua Hin bar map comes in handy.
Hut Bar. HAHAHAHAHA.
Anybody have a map of bars on Soi 6, Pattaya?
Route 69 Bar. All I can remember. Well there was this one place in Bangkok. Cowboy Plaza? Cowboy Park?
And the BarBar Club. Which is just like going to Immigration.
Wait. Hua Hin hospital STD clinic. HAHAHAHA.

Emergency contact details (one of Thai nationality and one of foreign nationality)

I have no family in Thailand. I know one bar girl who REALLY does love me. Is that OK?

Ring Ring:
"Hello? Sorry to say your Farang boyfriend is dead."
"Is the scooter alright? Scooter and iPhone mine now. And wallet."

And sorry I really do not have any farang friends. Maybe we should all give the same name and number.
My friend's name is Ben Dover. You know Ben Dover? His number is 1-800-EAT-SH*T

OK you can have my sisters number in the USA. Good luck.

Bank account details such as bank, branch, account name and account number (only required for certain visas)

I give as part of my retirement visa. So talk to Mr. Ben Dover.

On a serious note, (this is my serious face) maybe it is time for a new cheap cellphone just to take to immigration with a new number and no social media accounts and no comm apps like Skype and LINE on it. No photos, videos, no password, no personal info at all. No bank apps. Just a phone contacts app with Ben Dover. HAHAHAHA.

Wait... is this going out on Twitter? I am just joking. It is a Alien kind of joke.

I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.