Possible to get 7 day extension on a 30 day visa exemption

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
descelt1
Novice
Novice

Possible to get 7 day extension on a 30 day visa exemption

Post by descelt1 »

Hi, all, I'm hoping someone can help. I have searched and asked the google fairly extensively, however I am struggling to get information with my particular issue.

I am in Hua Hin on a 30 day tourist visa exemption. I have just realised today (my fault I know) that I should have applied for a 60 day tourist visa because I am here for 36 days. Does the immigration office in Hua Hin give 7 day extensions to a first time 30 day exemption to Thailand? I'm getting conflicting information.

I will not be coming back to Thailand, this is only a holiday. I really do not want to do a visa run, so if unable to get any kind of extension will have to book a new flight :?

Thanks for any help.
Big Boy

Re: Possible to get 7 day extension on a 30 day visa exemption

Post by Big Boy »

You can turn up at Hua Hin Immigration with 1900 Baht, and they will grant you a 30 day extension.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
descelt1
Novice
Novice

Post by descelt1 »

Thank you for your reply. Just to double check - that's all I need - money and my passport? No forms filled in triplicate, bank statements, letter from my priest ;-) etc.

Thanks
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

You'll need to fill in the relevant extension form, have copies of your passport details page, your entry stamp and departure card and a passport sized photo. Plus 1,900 THB as stated. Best also to take your return flight details along as well just in case you're asked for them.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, lomu is, as always is correct. Your best bet is to find the lady with the photocopy machine (outside the office), hand her your passport and tell her exactly what you need to do - she will produce all of the copies you need, and will help you with your form filling if required. She is very helpful, and I don't think it will cost more than 30 Baht. She's usually worth a small tip :D .
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
descelt1
Novice
Novice

Post by descelt1 »

Thank you both very much for all the information. You have helped a great deal. I'll go to the immigration office on Thursday morning to get the relevant forms and do the photocopying. One final question - do you know where in Hua Hin I can get a photo taken for the passport sized photo requirement? Not something I carry with me on holiday although I have loads at home.

You have put my mind at ease!

Thanks
descelt1
Novice
Novice

Post by descelt1 »

No worries on the last question - a quick search has revealed that there is a lady near the immigration office who does the photos. Apparently does a good job. So I will get it all done there.

Thanks
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, that's right, the same lady who does the photo copying.

Points 48; Position 18