Customs form for personal use

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Customs form for personal use

Post by migrant »

I got popped at customs again on my latest cigar shipment. The boss gave us a break but suggested we fill out a form stating that the cigars are for personal use, that way customs won;t bother. Of course the conversation was in Thai and Mrs m didn't tell me until we left. I asked her what form? She didn't know and too late to go back.

Anyone familiar with this? Maybe the form only allows what is legal to bring into the country? If that is the case, probably not worth the shipping fees, but the wife said he didn't mention the quantity and I had shipped in 8 boxes of cigars.

Thanks! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Customs form for personal use

Post by kendo »

It's probably open to interpretation from each individual customs officer on the day. On our last visit we entered Thailand with a load of baby equipment even had a friend on the same flight help me with it. We thought we would definitely get pulled but the power of Candy Crush on the smart phone was far more important when walking through.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Customs form for personal use

Post by HHTel »

A couple of years ago, my daughter sent me a 'Santa Sack' of Terry's Chocolate Oranges. Had to pay almost 7,000 baht before they'd deliver!