Proof of Life Report for Thais - 10/11 Oct'16

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Proof of Life Report for Thais - 10/11 Oct'16

Post by Big Boy »

OK, it's not just us Farangs who have to jump through stupid hoops to keep the authorities happy. I'm just back from taking Mrs BB to the Tessebahn where she had to present herself to prove she still breathing - I think she passed.

Certainly in the Hua Hin area, Thais over the age of 60 have to report to the Tessebahn today or tomorrow. Failure to do so will result in their state pension being stopped.

Documentation Mrs BB had to present was:

- Tabien Bahn + 1 photocopy
- ID Card + 1 photocopy
- Bank Book + 1 photocopy

The reason for me posting is if any of wives or extended family over 60, you need to get it done. In true Thai style, this was not well publicised.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
lomuamart

Re: Proof of Life Report for Thais - 10/11 Oct'16

Post by lomuamart »

Thanks for that.
Told my wife whose reaction was simply "My Mum's been getting the pension for 20 years already so she dosn't have to do anything". I explained and now she's going to check with one of her sisters who takes care of the pension for the mother.
Big Boy

Re: Proof of Life Report for Thais - 10/11 Oct'16

Post by Big Boy »

Mrs BB says this proof of life is something new - there were quite a few outside the Tessebahn this morning.

[Edit] My initial reaction was very similar when Mrs BB told me that she had to go.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18