Immigration notification of Guest at our house

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Immigration notification of Guest at our house

Post by BOZ »

Hi folks, I have a question about the requirement of informing immigration that I will have a guest at our house for 5 weeks. Usually we don't do this as we either have tourist visa that covers the time in country so one stamp in and 1 stamp out upon leaving. We always put the address on the arrival form when passing through Swampy arrivals.... Does that suffice to meet the requirement???
This time my friend will need to do a 30 day extension of his 30 day stamp he gets from his arrival (USA passport) as he will exceed the 30 days granted. I have a feeling when he goes to get his 1900B extension they will ask him where he is staying?!?!?! This may trigger an issue for us with a possible fine for not registering his visit/stay at our home... We will of course not be at the HH home the entire time, doing a 8 day motorcycle trip and a 7 day scuba trip during this timeframe... I know the hotels are supposed to report our where abouts as we check in with them.....

So long story short, do we need to do some kind of notification with immigration ???

If so what and how quickly should we do it.. (We arrive on a Saturday to our home)...

Thanks in advance for your advice and info pertaining to this question!!

Steve
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Immigration notification of Guest at our house

Post by NOKYAI »

Yes,
I think within 24 hrs, though I guess on the Monday would be OK.

He won't get his extension without having done this....been there tried and was sent home for my yellow book.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We did it when we've had guests for a couple of days. Easy process, with no queuing. You go into the portakabin marked Investigations. Takes about 5 minutes - no charge.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Unless you're late, concerning the charge. I got hit for 300 in Rayong but it was weeks late. Don't know what the fine scale is. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I have always been told that the address you give on your arrival card is the same as reporting, as long as it is the real address you are staying at. Isn't that the case?
YNWA
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ It used to be the case, or the real law wasn't enforced for many a year. Now I've received warnings that the "property owner" has to submit the formal arrival report and backup document copies within 24 hours of getting back to your residence. I only pay attention to it when I'm arriving back from overseas, not from a trip somewhere in-country. However, if they wanted to and there is an entry in their system from a hotel where you stayed in-country, by letter of the law you need to submit yet another report once back at your base residence again or be fined. :banghead: Give it time, my bet is that it will all go to sleep again sooner or later. Note: I'm speaking from experience here in Rayong. Hua Hin may operate differently. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If you live in Hua Hin, why even consider taking a chance - it will take minutes of a visitor's stay? The same person who has wasted 15 hours sat on a plane. Notification of a guest at your house is very fast, but you get all of the correct documentation for both the visitor and the home owner. I know corruption has supposedly been stamped out, but you only need one immigration officer with a cash flow problem to dig out an archaic law to extract tea money.

[Edit] It will also be an interesting insight to your visitors showing them the stupid hoops we all have to jump through to qualify to live here.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

Awesome guys, we will get there on that Monday to get it all sorted out... greatly appreciate the quick response !!!! Thanks to you all!!
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!