Immigration online guest registration for hotels/guesthouses

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
buksida

Re: Immigration online guest registration for hotels/guesthouses

Post by buksida »

Thanks for that, sounds like the best way forward for them.

It seems the 90 day report link is down also so either the govt websites have been hacked in protest against the new firewall or they're just not functioning which is nothing new.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

I've been to Hua Hin many times and as far as I know newer been registered at the immigrations. I never herd about this requirement before. Have I been doing something wrong? What do you recommend that I do in the future?
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

You don't need to do anything. It's the responsibility of the hotel/guesthouse owner to report you
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Pleng wrote:You don't need to do anything. It's the responsibility of the hotel/guesthouse owner to report you
But I'm renting a house. I'm Swede and the owner is Swede. He is in Sweden when we rent the house and I pretty sure he don't do any reporting or even know that he should.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

As Pleng said, the home owner should be doing it. If you really want to do it, PM me, and I can walk you through the very simple procedure, and it will take 5 minutes (no queuing) at immigration. However, I don't know how connected the services are here, but you could be opening a new can of worms for the owner, and he may not thank you for it.

The bottom line is, no you are not doing something wrong, it's the owner who is wrong. Your chances of either of you having a problem are probably well under 1%, and even then, only if you want to do something like extend a visa.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ He needs to have copies of the house book and ID document of owner as well. I wouldn't think those are at hand?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Since I have been doing this for several years without the slightest problem, I think I continue as before. I have even successfully "bought" an extension at the Immigrations with no questions about my lack of registration.

I absolutely don't want to cause problem's for the owner and I think that the paperwork could be an issue. I have newer seen any "house book" and we don't even have a proper written agreement. In the unlikely event that this ever will be a problem, I handle it then. Probably by doing as Manuel and saying "¿Qué?". :o
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

buksida wrote:Thanks for that, sounds like the best way forward for them.

It seems the 90 day report link is down also so either the govt websites have been hacked in protest against the new firewall or they're just not functioning which is nothing new.
As I understand it, all the Thai government extranet sites have been taken offline to prevent them being hacked.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Only immigration I think. Anyway plenty of other government websites are working as usual.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

hhinner wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:07 pm ^^ Only immigration I think. Anyway plenty of other government websites are working as usual.
I didn't say "all government websites" - I said all government extranet sites. Anyway, I see reports that 90-day online reporting is working again now.
buksida

Post by buksida »

It may well be, but the 24 hour reporting site for hotels is still dead.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson