Will Immigration accept green printouts?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Will Immigration accept green printouts?

Post by Don East Stand »

Hi,

I'm going to immigration tomorrow to get a re-entry permit, and I'm getting all my documents together and copying them.

My printer has decided to print the copies in GREEN!!

They are perfectly readable, but green!

The question is ..... will immigration accept the green copies, or am I going to have to do a detour to get other copies?

Thanks in advance for any help.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Will Immigration accept?

Post by NOKYAI »

They have a photocopier at the main immigration, so if they won't accept them you could get them done there for something like B3 per sheet
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Re: Will Immigration accept green printouts?

Post by Don East Stand »

Thanks NOKYAI, I have to go to Tha Yang, but I guess they will do copies there if need be.

I don't have a problem with paying the 3 baht or whatever, it's just I like to be organised and have everything sorted out, so that they have no opportunity to be "awkward". :wink:

kRnXqfgcPW4Rz7hLxvkj
Novice
Novice

Post by kRnXqfgcPW4Rz7hLxvkj »

I don't think this is a direct answer to your question, but just popped into my mind when reading your unusual question. That was back 20 years or so, in Europe where a certain train operator had just introduced their electronic ticketing system. Back then it was awesome to be able to print out stuff home. However, at that time the ticket was just letters and numbers, there was nothing like barcode at all. I was on my way then, no printer anywhere near, so I took a pen and a clean sheet of paper. I wrote by hand everything just like it was in the original file. Of course I am not good at drawing and my handwriting is not the prettiest of all, but I think all of the important authorization codes and ticket numbers were all there, in black and white.

Heading on to the train, and the inspectors came. Fahrscheine, bitte! I handed over my hand-written ticket. First he was like what is this, but after I explained him that yes, there is everything there that would have been on a printed out paper as well. I think it was quite funny situation for him as well. And after a couple of calls he agreed on everything. Maybe this is some kind of nice anecdote, who knows, maybe just funny story.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Very much doubt that Imm will accept green photos.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

My mistake, I thought you meant Docs printed on bio-degradeable paper
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

Hi,

Just an update regarding my green photocopies and immigration.

I went along to Tha Yang immigration yesterday afternoon.

I had decided that I would present the "green coloured" photocopies of my passport pages, along with my application for a re-entry permit, and hope for the best.

There was no problem at all, no one raised an eyebrow at my photocopies, or queried them in any way!

Everything was processed, including my 90 day reporting, within approximately 20 minutes. I should also point out that this included my wife's re-entry permit (also with "green coloured" photocopies of her passport pages) and her 90 day reporting.

We were also 2 days late in doing our 90 day reporting, and once again nothing was said about this.

So far in my dealings with Tha Yang immigration, I cannot fault them ....... long may it continue!

Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Well, that's a good outcome.
We were also 2 days late in doing our 90 day reporting, and once again nothing was said about this.
FYI and to reduce stress, you can report 90 days up until 7 days after the due date, and 15 days before.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!