Life cover insurance

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Life cover insurance

Post by ahandpatsy »

Hello

Can anybody please point me in the direction of a company that can provide life insurance for an ex pat and also possibly critical illnes cover

Thanks

Ah
Big Boy

Re: Life cover insurance

Post by Big Boy »

I would suggest you contact our sponsors - if they can't help, they will point you in the right direction http://www.huahinmedia.com/insureinthailand.php
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:17 pm I would suggest you contact our sponsors - if they can't help, they will point you in the right direction http://www.huahinmedia.com/insureinthailand.php
As BB says, AA Insurance are well known here, and are used by many, they definitely will help you. But there are alternatives, and I suggest you do some proper research online yourself too.

Whatever you do, please don't sign up with any insurer (direct or via a broker like AA) until you have compared policies/cover from a few (you can demand to see their levels of cover for each ailment/operation, hospital lists, etc. before you sign up). I'm sure AA can help you with this, but you can also do it yourself if you have the time and energy. This is an important step for an expat (apologies if you're already an old hand, but this thread is read by many others too).

I used a well known expat health insurance broker in the UAE for years, and years later they now are under investigation for misselling. I had good cover but I think maybe I paid more than I should.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If I can just clarify, yes, AA are sponsors, but to me they have been a lot more. I am talking from personal experiences.

I will give a couple of examples where they have been there for me, and have gone above and beyond what your average broker would do:

1. Not long after we moved here, my son was taken seriously ill with a tropical fever, and was admitted to hospital. The guys at AA were there for us all the way. After a couple of days, they suggested checking with the hospital (I won't name names) to ensure everything was fine between the hospital and the insurer. Hospital confirmed everything was fine. 8pm on a Sunday evening, the hospital said my son was fit to go home, and presented a hefty bill. I looked at it, and thought how glad I was that the insurance were paying. Wrong - the hospital wanted paying there and then, or they wouldn't release my son. They kept a security guard with him from that point on.

I phoned Matt at AA Insurance at his home, and within 2 hours it was sorted, and my son was on his way home. I doubt I'd get that sort of service anywhere else in the world at 8pm on a Sunday evening.

2. A young Thai lad decided to come around a blind corner, and because he was going so fast, he drove his bike straight under my truck (I thought I'd killed the kid :shock: ). Police declared it a 50/50 accident to ensure I'd get my truck repaired under the insurance (the kid had no licence, helmet or insurance). His mother wasn't pleased - I was a Farang, and she directed the cheap ambulance to the expensive hospital because I would have to pay. She convinced the insurance assessor the same. The assessor declared I had to pay the kid's hospital costs. I have First Class Insurance, and if the assessor declared hospital costs had to be paid, then the insurance company were paying.

I contacted Andre at AA Insurance, and everything was sorted within the hour. Basically, the insurance assessor denied saying any of it. Mrs BB was there when he said it, so I know I'm not going nuts. I often wonder how long he stayed in that hospital once his mother knew she was paying.

My point is that the guys at AA have gone that extra mile on even more occasions than my 2 examples. I might be able to save a couple of Baht by spending hours on the Internet, but it's brilliant to have Matt & Andre in your corner when you need them. I wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

Points 41; Position 18
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

I'm sure their service is great but you are talking about life insurance their website does not mention it

Do any of the existing expats have life insurance and if so who with ??
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

Sorry you are talking about health cover and medical fees not life cover edit
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm talking about a first class insurance broker who will do their best to help you in providing whatever insurance cover you require, but won't won't drop you like a stone as soon as they have your money.

Points 41; Position 18