House location now required by visa extension

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

House location now required by visa extension

Post by HarryVardon »

Thai immigration have started asking for a map showing the location of your house. You can draw this whilst you are there (they will provide a blank sheet of paper) but it is much easier to take it with you. Google Maps or Microsoft Maps can be easily used to create this and you can keep a copy for future visits.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: House location now required by visa extension

Post by RCer »

What kind of visa do you have?
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

Retirement
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I've always had to provide a map to my house. The difficult part is where to start the map. Lincoln, Nebraska, Adelaide, South Australia? Eventually I settled on Klong Rd. and that seemed acceptable. But really the whole thing is silly. If they want to find you they'll look up your address on google maps. I guess the more paper they store they more important they feel.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

That's always been a requirement.
I spend ages every year colouring and shading my work of art but over the past few years it's just been thrown back in my face.
I'll make an especial effort with my masterpiece next year.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

With all the hype about Thailand 4.0 you would think they would accept GPS coordinates. :idea: Ridiculous assumption. :wink:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Post by buksida »

As said above this isn't new, the last two times I've been for an extension they've wanted a hand drawn map. Don't think I'll be getting a visit though since my house is 2.5 hours drive from the immigration office.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

This map was always required, nothing new.
Paperwork is the love of civil servants worldwide. Among you some of you must have been, so don't be surprised.
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Post by HHCanuck »

I just draw a basic stick map. They are happy honestly they couldn't care less its just a required piece of paper to add to the stack.