Hotel ~ Finally Made It . . .

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
songkurai
Amateur
Amateur

Hotel ~ Finally Made It . . .

Post by songkurai »

Thanks to all who answered my repeated inquiries about hotels in Hua Hin.

I finally made it. Had a great time. I picked the Fresh Inn Hotel and had driver drop us off at hotel. The hotel is beautiful and the restaurant is excellent - we ate at Fresh Inn Hotel restaurant twice. The price had jumped up from earlier posts as the hotel is going thru extensive upgrading. The asking price was 1500 bt and slightly above my range. And I would have stayed but the construction noise. I think they should have lowered the price during construction not raised it. But the hotel was real clean and the staff was exceptional.

We walked. Head down soi (south) toward Damnernkaseam Rd. Stumbled into PP Villa or Puangpen Villa Hotel (are they the same?). Anyway, we got two rooms - there were 4 of us - two couples. One room out back near pool and one in the front section (walk up) - with slightly different prices. Decent hotel. Nice staff. Pool was excellent. We did have breakfast at hotel across street (forgot name). Construction going on there too.

Great location. Had a quite enjoyable time.

As my initial plan was to go alone, I did find the Victory Monument in Bangkok that has the mini-buses. Nice little market area there and I found real fresh squeezed orange juice at this little outside market area.

Circumstances changed and one person turned into four. And we were in Pattaya. So we booked a cab for 2800 bt door to door from Pattaya to Hua Hin. Interestingly, the booked fare from outside the PP Villa hotel back to Pattaya was 2500 bt. I did find the bus station in Hua Hin if I ever have to visit again - alone.

Thanks to all who provided valuable information. And thanks to this website. Excellent information.

Now . . . . should I buy . . . . or rent . . . opps, that is for another post.
Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
Robert Frost
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

Glad you got here ... glad you enjoyed what is on offer here in HH next time dont be a stranger and apologies regards the buildng noise but just ask buksi he knows what it is all about ..

keep in touch via the forum
any body need any power tools?
later
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
domeneci
Novice
Novice

Post by domeneci »

Hi Robert,

Glad to know you enjoyed HH. I'm planning to spend a couple of days there in Dec with my family (2 adults and 1 child 11yo). Do you think you have the time to post and share your experience during your stay in HH. Was there a lot of construction going on? Regards,

LC
buksida

Post by buksida »

A lot of construction ????? :guns:

Try this: http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/vi ... php?t=1923
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
songkurai
Amateur
Amateur

Hotel - Noise

Post by songkurai »

Hotels and noise.

I personally did not hear any construction noise once in hotel. Construction seems to be a part of the visit. Pattaya had construction everywhere. They are tearing down the old and putting up the new.

In Hua Hin we walked thru the Hilton and the Sofitel. Large compounds and I doubt if you would hear any construction at these hotels. And these hotels were/are fabulous. At least walking thru. Right on water. Beautiful grounds. My budget is a little more modest.

Nearby is the Fresh Inn, PP Villa, Baanjedpeenong, and Jed Pee Nong hotel (what is it with these similiar names?). And many more hotels in same area. All looked good to me. I did not go up to room. Except the Fresh Inn and PP Villa and both were good/acceptable.

For me, anyway, the hotels on Damnernkaseam Rd. have an excellent location. But it all depends on what you are looking for. If the beach is your desire, maybe others are better.
Robert Frost
domeneci
Novice
Novice

Post by domeneci »

Hi Robert and Buksida,

Robert, thanks for the piece of info. Is Damnernkaseam Rd where you find the hive of activities in HH? How did you and your party move around in HH, taxis or tut tut?

Buksida, thanks for pointing me to the discussion on the "construction". No I'm still keen on visiting HH. I've heard quite a fair bit abt HH and instead of making my annual pilgrimage to Phuket, thought I switched this time to HH for a change. Regards,
buksida

Post by buksida »

Hi domeneci,
Don't let it put you off at all, I'm just generally ranting as I have been woken up by builders every single day at 7-8am for the last 6 weeks. They are building houses on BOTH sides of where I live so theres no escape, and the retards don't exactly work fast as anyone thats ever dealt with Thai builders will know.

I'm currently battling their noise with Nirvana played extremely loud but my amp is on its last legs so I must concede defeats to these scumbags.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

This is my 1st day back in the UK (sadly, flight got me in at 05.00 this morning) after 17 days in LOS, most spent in HH. We stayed at the Puangpen or PP Villa Hotel (excellent value) and travelled around the whole area looking at properties as well as just relaxing.

There is a lot of development, but little seems frenzied in the UK way, to my mind at least. Cetrtainly didn't affect another great stay in HH.
songkurai
Amateur
Amateur

Post by songkurai »

Robert, thanks for the piece of info. Is Damnernkaseam Rd where you find the hive of activities in HH? How did you and your party move around in HH, taxis or tut tut?

------------------------------------------------------------------

As for moving around, we took the tuk tuks that were/are right near our hotel. Between the Sofitel and Hilton are some good restaurants and shops. Just north of Hilton are restaurants where you sit on the pier overlooking bay/water/ocean. Lot's of shops everywhere. Anyone can walk thru the Hilton or Sofitel grounds. We actually saw some horses that you can rent to ride the beach areas. There is a lot to see. We went to an elephant village where one can ride the elephants. Of course, there is the King's Palace to visit. And we did go up some hill to a Buddist temple - beautiful views there.

We saw lot's of tourists with families. So it appears to be family friendly.

I went in just about every hotel I walked by to get price and business card. I think we just lucked out at the hotel we stayed at for price and location. Of course, thanks to all the previous posts that advised me of this hotel.

Certainly, if money is not a big deal, then stay at the Sofitel or Hilton. Right on the water. And much amenities.
Robert Frost
bushman
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bushman »

SK

Do you mind telling us the price for PP Villa? You mentioned that Fresh Hotel was 1500 Bht but you never mentioned the price for PP Villa. I will be visiting HH again in November.

Thanks
Bush
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Email them:

ppvillahotel@hotmail.com

I stayed there in August and it was 850baht a night for a room with a balconey, but I'm sure the price will increase for the time you will be there.

I thought the Hotel was excelent value for the price. Great pool, best shower I've seen in a HH Hotel - and I've stayed in a few, including the Hilton - but like you, thought this was a cost that could be cut.

I also like the fact you have a fridge as opossed to a mini bar - very useful as you can imagie!!

I'll be staying there again. :D
bushman
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bushman »

Caller

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

Bush
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Rooms at PP 750Baht and 850Baht with Balcony. Nice rooms and Pool OK. Good location.