Knee Replacement

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

therapy

Post by redzonerocker »

migrant wrote: I've tried numerous therapies, etc, but no progress.

Thanks and good luck!!
have you tried glucosamine & chondroitin tablets?
just started taking them on the advice of a 72 year old marathon runner :shock: :D
he swears by them & i must admit, after a week of 2 a day they seem to be having a positive effect already :thumb:
i have had several knee ops, open & keyhole due to work/sport related stress on the joints, so i can understand the problems you are experiencing.

maybe worth a try, if you haven't already :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: therapy

Post by migrant »

redzonerocker wrote:
migrant wrote: I've tried numerous therapies, etc, but no progress.

Thanks and good luck!!
have you tried glucosamine & chondroitin tablets?
just started taking them on the advice of a 72 year old marathon runner :shock: :D
he swears by them & i must admit, after a week of 2 a day they seem to be having a positive effect already :thumb:
i have had several knee ops, open & keyhole due to work/sport related stress on the joints, so i can understand the problems you are experiencing.

maybe worth a try, if you haven't already :cheers:
:cheers: I tried them for ~ 5 months, butno noticable difference. The doctor also suggested Synvisc which is injected into the knee as 'lubricant' but after doing a little research on it, I passed.

I figure about a year and I'll have to do the chop, but a couple clients I have swear it was the best thing they ever did, back to tennis, hiking, etc.

Like you an earlier life of sports and work now starts to revisit, a bitch getting old!! (but I'll never grow up)
housedoctor

Post by housedoctor »

:cheers: Migrant, I assume you have been recommended re-surfacing or replacement by your ortho-consultant??..I'm heading down to HuaHin tomorrow. I hope to have surgery before Christmas. I'll keep you posted. :cheers:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Hi Housedoctor,

Headed towards replacement. Tried a few things through keyhole surgery, but not much better. Just holding out now until too bad.

Good luck with yours!!! Yes, please keep me/us informed :cheers: