Paediatric Doctors

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
petercr

Paediatric Doctors

Post by petercr »

Baby on the way and we are using a Bangkok Hospital for the birth. Can anyone recommend a good local Paediatric Doctor for general healthcare after we get the little fella home.

lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I don't have kids, but take a look here:
http://www.expathuahin.com/hospitals-huahin.php
Dr. Sumet's clinic seems to be a possibility. Hopefully others can give you more experienced advice.
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Hi petercr,
Not really local, but we now always go to the doctor at the hospital where our children were born, which is Petcharat in Petchaburi. They have a really nice paediatric department that our children are very relaxed in, which does contrast with Dr Sumet's facilities (see below). We did use Dr Sumet for a while, but two things have put us off; one, the place has always been rammed and it often takes as long waiting as it does to drive to Petchaburi and be seen almost immediately; and two, he has misdiagnosed our daughter twice and given the wrong drugs (we discovered this when we went to Petcharat when her condition got worse). However others have nothing but praise for him, so I'm sure ours was just a case of something that is easily misdiagnosed, but we now trust Petcharat more. We have also used the Hua Hin Hospital before and that seems to be improving as well, and is useful if it is at an odd time. However I think the service received there is completely dependent on who is on duty, and I'm not sure they always have a paediatric doctor there.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Me & Mrs.T have ben sending our two boys (10 & 7) to Dr. Sumet since since they were tots.

He is a registered Paediatrician, speaks good English and we've never had any problems with his services.

He also gives me a regular monthly check on my triglycorides & cholesterol count.

All round good GP :thumb: