POSTAL WARNING!

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Farang
Ace
Ace

POSTAL WARNING!

Post by Farang »

'
If you ever should have mail sent here by registered mail, make sure you know it's coming. An acquaintance of mine has had twice registered mail returned to Europe by the Gentlemen of the Hua Hin Post Office.

On the first incident he did not know it was coming and received no notification from the HH PO. So it was returned after a month and a half being uncollected. The senders then phoned my friend asking why he returned the package. This same package was re-sent to HH and again no notification to the recipient. He knew to inquire for it so for a month and a half HH PO flatly refused having received any package and finally returned it to the senders again.

Same package was sent the third time and, you guessed it, no notification this time, either. Several refusals by the PO of not receiving the package later my friend marched in the PO with a written complaint a month after the sending of the package. This time they found the package. It had arrived in HH as per the arrival stamp in three day's time from the stamp of the country of origin - a northern European country. So outside the HH PO they at least seem to know their stuff. Needless to say, all matters in HH PO were discussed in Thai, so there is no possibility of stupid farang not knowing the lingo.

I have missed several letters and cards and so have several farangs infesting HH on permanent basis. My friend is now considering writing about this incident as widely as possible. This no longer is just sloppy work, this is downright sabotage.

Use the DHL, not the Thailand Royal Mail!
Willow
Amateur
Amateur

POSTAL WARNING

Post by Willow »

I was worried about just this thing. my friend mailed a package to me on October 15 from California; i have checked the post office every few days. Nothing!!
I just read a letter to editor in today's bangkok post. someone has accused the post office workers of thievery.
i have successfully received packages from DHX (?) , but they put such a high tariff on them, that it exceeds the cost of goods. What to do??
:guns:
Willow