Peppers Restaurant

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
buksida

Peppers Restaurant

Post by buksida »

I don't usually do restaurant reviews as eating out has become such a rare occurrence for us lately. Parking in town is a chore and taking a 2 and 4 year old to a restaurant with other diners requires nerves of steel and the patience of a saint.

Had the pleasure of dining at Peppers last night which is up at the Mongkol driving range. Went for their 'Indian curry' but didn't have great expectations as I have pretty high standards when it comes to curry (and do cook a mean Vindaloo myself as those that have tried it will testify).

Without a doubt it was the best curry I've had in Hua Hin (aside from my own culinary creations of course!), a dish that puts all these "Indian" restaurants to shame. A seriously healthy sized portion, great consistency, as hot as you request it, and served with rice and proper chips - all for 180 baht.

Highly recommended. :thumb:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Simply fantastic food at Peppers - i reckon i have eaten there more than anywhere else and never been disappointed! The crack is great too!
Ones to try -
Pedt Peppers (great Duck dish)
Green Curry - its a hot one!
Goulash
Club Sandwich
Bottom line its all great.

Ya will also do catering for parties.
Stu-Pot

Post by Stu-Pot »

Second that!

Great food, great prices & good people running the show.

Try the "Tiger Cry". Not sure how many tigers are used, but it tastes super.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I've eaten several Thai dishes there too and have never been disappointed. I was very surprised to find a restaurant of that quality at the driving range! :thumb: :cheers:
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

If you are into Vindaloo heat, then try the Jungle Curry. ( I thought I was but no more!!)

A great place, easy to park and excellent food all round
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I can add some praise as well; I usually eat there at least once every time I’m in Hua Hin and I’ve never been dissapointed.
I don’t play golf and I only go to the driving range to eat and because we know them from the days of the old Roadhole bar.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I dont play Golf but I might have to give this place a go.

What are the opening hours for Peppers and is there a good selection of Thai food to keep the GF happy?
baron_wastelanduk
Professional
Professional

peppers

Post by baron_wastelanduk »

i know this isnt about peppers but there is or was a karoake bar around the back of sport villa that done the hottest jungle curry I have ever had !
CDK

there are three sorts of people in this world those that can count and those that cant
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: peppers

Post by BaaBaa. »

baron_wastelanduk wrote:i know this isnt about peppers but there is or was a karoake bar around the back of sport villa that done the hottest jungle curry I have ever had !
Is!

I think all Jungle Currys are burn your mouth off hot, no coconut to cool the badboy down.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

BaaBaa. wrote:I dont play Golf but I might have to give this place a go.

What are the opening hours for Peppers and is there a good selection of Thai food to keep the GF happy?
I don’t know what the exact opening times are, but it seems to be open from lunch time until the evening at least, but I’m not sure how late.
As far as Thai food goes they have all the usual favourites on the menu and the girls in the kitchen, who are old friends of my partner, seem to be able to manage anything requested.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

BaaBaa,

Big menu with lots of Thai food... the lady will be happy.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

I don't play golf and have no idea where the driving range is so can someone please tell me as the food sounds great. Also is there any vegetarian food there as Krakas Mum is a veggie?
Many thanks

:cheers: :thumb:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

It's up the Pala'u road. Just go across the railroad tracks at Chomsin road and turn right at the next intersection (past "G" market). Take the next left to follow the road up the hill (don't go on the canal road even though you can see another driving range there). Go up past the two elephant camps and then start watching on your left hand side for a driving range. The restaurant is at the right (west) end of the range.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Head out of town west on the Pulau-u road and as you come down the hill after going past Elephant village and the temple it’s at the Mongkol driving range on the left.
They have a big car park with a sun shade over it and the restaurant is at the end.
I can’t remember if they have specific vegetarian dishes, but I think you would have no problem finding something on the menu.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Location map:

Driving range:

SJ