Your most fave concert?

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Your most fave concert?

Post by margaretcarnes »

As promised, an update for the now banned Sunseasand on the 10cc gig last Friday.
A slow start, with the band members providing their own support act. Entering one by one, starting of course with Gouldman, and doing stuff he had written for the likes of the Hollies and Hermanns Herberts. All fine, but hardly inspiring.
Second half improved slowly, and it was a relief to see the stools used in the first half had disappeared. The inevitable Godley and Cream stuff of course to pad out the show, and getting more lively towards the end with the older 10cc stuff. It took an awful lot of foot stamping (doesn't it always?) to get an encore of Rubber Bullets. By which time the audience was up on its' feet.
Sound - excellent as always in that particular venue, and even more so with 2 drummers. Didn't leave residual deafness the next morning, which at my age is something to be either thankful for or to regret, depending on mood.
Lighting - the now boring variable coloured spots against starry lighted black backdrop. No screens. Not right for the venue and a bit disappointing really presentation wise, but overall good value.
My only real complaint has to be the price for a pint of Tetley and half of cider - over 6 quid. :cheers:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

:D

Being a classical music lover.

Last night at the proms. :clap: :clap: :dance:

Sorry I'll get my coat. :oops:

:run:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.