sports for kids

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
yabz

sports for kids

Post by yabz »

BBC News recently reported a study that found only 10% of school age children had the physical activity they needed for cardiovascular health. I don't know what the percentage in Thailand would be but I doubt its much better, indeed it might even be worse.

One of the complaints I have with Thai schooling is the lack of sports, especially team games which are good for developing social skills as well as giving the kids some exercise.

I would like to find some parents who would be interesting in organizing football or other games for kids with an age range of about 4 - 8. I have spoken to a few parents are keen on the idea and we have someone who is interested in doing the coaching, but we need more kids to make up the teams.

Please contact me if you are interested.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Girls and Boys I presume as football seems to be a male focused sport?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

JimmyGreaves wrote:Girls and Boys I presume as football seems to be a male focused sport?
You wouldn't think it watching Spurs! :run:
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

BaaBaa. wrote:
JimmyGreaves wrote:Girls and Boys I presume as football seems to be a male focused sport?
You wouldn't think it watching Spurs! :run:
You wouldn't want to say that to Winston Palacios.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Billy ... Mackay.jpg
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Have a daughter aged four and a half, so yes, count me in.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
yabz

Post by yabz »

Both girls and boys would be good... I think that its important that kids should get used to playing with both sexes and with kids of different backgrounds.
yabz

Post by yabz »

Takiap wrote:Have a daughter aged four and a half, so yes, count me in.
Takiab, I notice that you also live in Bo Fai, so this would be very convenient...