taking cat to Europe.

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
lizzy

taking cat to Europe.

Post by lizzy »

I have adopted a Thai cat and hope to take her back to Europe with me. I have researched the required paperwork but would like to know if anyone has found a vet in Hua Hin (or area) that can deal with the necessary blood tests. I understand that a blood sample has to be taken 30 days after vacination and this has to be sent to an authorized lab. (none in Thailand or nearby countries!)
Finding a vet is no problem but one that can submit the sample to an approved lab is another matter.... If anyone has taken a dog or cat back to Europe please tell me your experiences.
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

Re: taking cat to Europe.

Post by Arcadian »

Hi Lizzy, we live in North Africa and several friends have taken cats from here, it depends on where in Europe you are headed for.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

You have to send it to the vet yourself in an small thermos flask with ice. I used dhs think that was the name. Took a week to get the results back,
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
bajm

Post by bajm »

Hello Lizzy,
A few years ago we have succesfully taken a yorkshire terrier from Thailand to the Netherlands.
The rabies serology certificate was submitted by BioBest. (www.biobest.co.uk)

Because we couldn't find a local vet, who had experience with sending the blood samples , we decided to go to BKK.
(Charoensuk Animal Hospital at Sukhumvit 63)

We spend a lot af time and effort to complete all the nesessarry paperwork and getting all the required stamps and when we arrived at Schiphol Airport they didn't even look at it.