Hua Hin Lab Center - Blood test prices

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Hua Hin Lab Center - Blood test prices

Post by dtaai-maai »

There have been a few recommendations for this place and someone was asking about the price of cholesterol tests recently.
I was there again this morning and picked up a leaflet.
All in Thai, but from what I can make out:

Blood sugar 60 baht
SGO/SGPT/ALK 180
BUN, Creatinine 120
Cholesterol 60
Triglycerides 100
HDL-Cholesterol 150
LDL-Cholesterol 150
Pregnancy test 70
Amphetamine 100
Hemaglobin typing 400
Anti HIV, Screening 250
HBsAg 150
HCV 500
AFP 350
CEA 400
PSA 700
CA12-5 700
T3,T4, Free T3, Free T4, TSH 1,450

I assume if you need it, you'll know what it means!
There's a website if you read Thai: www.huahinlab.siam2web.com
This is the way
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: Hua Hin Lab Center - Blood test prices

Post by Lung Per »

I recommend the Hua Hin Lab Center if you need test only. It is just as reliable and much cheaper than the hospitals.
:bow:
A friend is only one click away
crystal888
Novice
Novice

Post by crystal888 »

Hello I am pretty new here to this forum and Hua Hin city. Recently, I need to get a few tests done and was looking for a reliable and reasonable priced clinic, and came across to this thread. Since I am a new resident in Hua Hin, the only place I know how to go is market village where Tesco Lotus is located. Can anyone give me a clear direction on how to get to this lab?

I also want to know if I can take one of those green trucks to get to Hua Hin lab center? If so how do I tell the driver where I want to get off? If not, what is the other option to get to that place by public transport if available? Thank you so much. I am just a total newb here.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

crystal888 wrote:Hello I am pretty new here to this forum and Hua Hin city. Recently, I need to get a few tests done and was looking for a reliable and reasonable priced clinic, and came across to this thread. Since I am a new resident in Hua Hin, the only place I know how to go is market village where Tesco Lotus is located. Can anyone give me a clear direction on how to get to this lab?

I also want to know if I can take one of those green trucks to get to Hua Hin lab center? If so how do I tell the driver where I want to get off? If not, what is the other option to get to that place by public transport if available? Thank you so much. I am just a total newb here.
It is located on the Pala U Road (see map). At the the split at the Klong (Canal) Road, follow the Pala U Road towards the left. It's a small shop about a few hundred meters up, next to a music store that displays guitars and amplifiers, on the right side of the road. Chuk dee! :D
bozzman101
Guru
Guru

Post by bozzman101 »

yep poly clinic charged 1000 for 5 tests yesterday diabetic ones cnat remember what they are !!!!
Once you go Asian you will never go Caucasian !!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

My wife went to this lab to get some tests ordered by Dr. Pairat before eye surgery for her mother. I believe all the tests are included in their checkup program for around 750 baht (mostly colesterol and diabetes), but she ordered them individually as prescribed by the doctor and paid 1500. Be sure to check if the tests you need are included in the checkup program and you just might get more than you need for half the price...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

I visited the Blood Clinic last December for an INR (anti coag) test. They did not have the Roche type INR readers so I had to have the blood taken, this proved very difficult because the nurse (s) had trouble finding a vein. Anyway I received an e-mail with the result I think the next day. The cost was 350thb I seem to remember, but I really would prefer a finger prick test due to serious brusing on my arm but these are probably not available in Hua Hin.
I got a taxi to the clinic but found it very difficult to get one back into town, next time I will take the telephone number from the delivering taxi.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Gus wrote: I got a taxi to the clinic but found it very difficult to get one back into town, next time I will take the telephone number from the delivering taxi.
Indeed a wise decision gus, Indeed

:D
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

My wife and I have been using Hua Hin Lab Center for a 6 monthly check over 3 years for the full range of tests.
Never any problem... I have had similar tests done in Sydney and they compare almost exactly.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

Time for annual physical exam has rolled around as it tends to do each year. Usually have everything done at BNH but their prices have gone sky high this year! Their full exam is now 36,000 baht.. .except for the stress test & full ultrasound, the difference between this and the MUCH cheaper ( 6,500 baht "tamada" package) appears to be the blood work. I figure on having this done here this year, taking the results to my BNH doctor and saving a LOT of money in the process.
Hua Hin Lab Center.
Is it still open? Some posts here refer to the Polyclinic which I believe closed long ago.
Where is it? Has it moved?
The list of prices in the original post are very reasonable compared to the BNH fees. . .but this was back in 2011.
Any updates on Hua Hin Lab Center. . .or other blood testing places if any in Hua hin?
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

their branch in pattaya as a yearly special on their health packages,normally half the price of hua hin,

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/ ... 15-en.html
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Hua Hin Lab Centre has a branch in Pattaya...? :?
This is the way
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

dtaai-maai wrote:Hua Hin Lab Centre has a branch in Pattaya...? :?
sorry i was referring to the post above mine mentioning bangkok hua hin hospitals price for full check up
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

Now I am confused. I really wont travel to Pattaya just for a blood test ( whatever the lab there is called! ) if there is a place called HUA HIN LAB CENTRE in Hua Hin.

Perhaps I confused things by mentioning BNH. . .Bangkok Nursing Hospital in Bangkok, near the English Church. . .and the reference was mistaken for Bangkok Hospital & the branch here. I did try having my annual physical here at Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin a few years ago but was not impressed. ( They had just opened though and things may be better now. )

Soooooo. . . I still would like to confirm that there is a competent blood testing center in Hua Hin and that it is still open for business (somewhere on Pala U road ??) and if possible confirm that the prices are still reasonable and in the same range as the OP. Thanks
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

LolaBeltran wrote:Now I am confused. I really wont travel to Pattaya just for a blood test ( whatever the lab there is called! ) if there is a place called HUA HIN LAB CENTRE in Hua Hin.

Perhaps I confused things by mentioning BNH. . .Bangkok Nursing Hospital in Bangkok, near the English Church. . .and the reference was mistaken for Bangkok Hospital & the branch here. I did try having my annual physical here at Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin a few years ago but was not impressed. ( They had just opened though and things may be better now. )

Soooooo. . . I still would like to confirm that there is a competent blood testing center in Hua Hin and that it is still open for business (somewhere on Pala U road ??) and if possible confirm that the prices are still reasonable and in the same range as the OP. Thanks
sorry for the confusion..but if you click on the link in red it takes you to the bangkok pattaya hospital that does a full body exam over 6hours includes blood tests as well,